• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atomevolution

Mar 29, 2014
    Hate to break it to ya, that extra inch of barrel isn't helping your accuracy. Especially at close distance.
    What a longer slide/barrel does do for you, is helps keep you from shooting your finger tip off if your support hand(with proper grip)comes close to the muzzle on the 43. That extra inch on the 48 becomes important. Especially under stress.

I loved my 43x for years until the 365 hit the scene. Gonna be my new carry.
    The longer barrel sould produce a slightly higher bullet velocity and the longer sight radius of the G48 should a make it easier to be accurate and thus, increase accuracy. I couldn’t imagine hugging the front slide of a 43X to the point where muzzle burst would take my finger off.

LoneWolf123

MDS Supporter
    Jul 17, 2022
    Maryland
    Springfield XDM 3.8 45ACP for late fall winter and early spring. It’s “compact” but for a 45 just means it has a short mag. Lol

Probably can get away with a OWB when wearing a coat and a IWB when rocking a shirt or hoodie.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The longer barrel sould produce a slightly higher bullet velocity and the longer sight radius of the G48 should a make it easier to be accurate and thus, increase accuracy. I couldn’t imagine hugging the front slide of a 43X to the point where muzzle burst would take my finger off.
    This right here is what the main reason should be.
    How much more minutiae of accuracy do you need for a self defense shot? 15-20 yards is so negligible when you are hitting a human torso where it counts.

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    Yes I was deadly serious. Again ladies you have choices. Under Cover (hint) you certainly can wear a 45 and you don’t even know it’s there. Your choice may be based upon comfort utility or familiarity. Many don’t consider that caliber as they cannot tame it usually based upon technique used to properly master the recoil to return phase. Once you master it down range it’s actually quite impressive. It was a suggestion based upon experience the wtf and other negativity is what brings these sites to banter and garbage levels that was never present in the past like this. Carry what works but remember if you pull your weapon you have to use it. Avoidance or walking away is always best. Always!

You may carry now but just remember as you hopefully don’t have to stand your ground, there will be a Litigating Attorney ready to take you to civil court and sue you for millions and then own your home. Licensed defense means nothing financially! You just see that coming.

Preach

Feb 10, 2013
    Germantown
    Springfield XDM 3.8 45ACP for late fall winter and early spring. It’s “compact” but for a 45 just means it has a short mag. Lol

Probably can get away with a OWB when wearing a coat and a IWB when rocking a shirt or hoodie.
    I agree with ☝️love mine

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Yes I was deadly serious. Again ladies you have choices. Under Cover (hint) you certainly can wear a 45 and you don’t even know it’s there. Your choice may be based upon comfort utility or familiarity. Many don’t consider that caliber as they cannot tame it usually based upon technique used to properly master the recoil to return phase. Once you master it down range it’s actually quite impressive. It was a suggestion based upon experience the wtf and other negativity is what brings these sites to banter and garbage levels that was never present in the past like this. Carry what works but remember if you pull your weapon you have to use it. Avoidance or walking away is always best. Always!

You may carry now but just remember as you hopefully don’t have to stand your ground, there will be a Litigating Attorney ready to take you to civil court and sue you for millions and then own your home. Licensed defense means nothing financially! You just see that coming.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Lord give me the strength to let me just ignore this and go on about my day.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I think it is pretty obvious here that power and capacity together would be best.

Everyone needs a .40!

LoneWolf123

MDS Supporter
    Jul 17, 2022
    Maryland
    I think it is pretty obvious here that power and capacity together would be best.

Everyone needs a .40!
    Lol…

Realistically, you need to go with whatever you can conceal with the clothes your wearing, what you’re good with, and what’s the most comfortable.

So one of every caliber should be available to choose from.

Cranky

Aug 2, 2010
    The Right side of the Bay
    I carried this 45 quite a bit when I lived in FL

Attachments

• DSCN3599.JPG
      DSCN3599.JPG
      306.2 KB · Views: 57

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads