• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ranger3five

Dec 29, 2008
    Gorgous Prince George's
    Hey guys does anyone have any advice on length to pull plates that I can add to my FN PBR stock ,I am tryin to get my rifle ready for a sniper class and I need to fit my rifle to me so I dont have so much paralax in my scope and so that I can be comfortable behind the rifle while I am in the prone position ,I know there are some precision shooters in here that can help me with finding what I need any info would be greatly appreciated .

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Sounds like you have two issues:

1) Length of pull: Your wrist should be straight enough to sit naturally and provide a consistent grip and trigger pull. The traditional method of fitting a rifle stock into the crook of the elbow to check LOP works well enough to get you very close.

Not sure how to actually adjust your PBRs LOP, but you might consider just adding a slip-on recoil pad for the class. I've done this myself and it works well. A more permanent solution may require knocking the buttpad off (I believe this model has a glued on buttplate) and replacing it with a thicker recoil pad.

2) Scope parallax (or setup): Parallax is not affected by your length of pull, although eye relief can be.

Another problem inherent to the "big scope/Picatinny rail system" is that the scope is placed too high to use a normal stock without some sort of cheek padding. I like the Eagle stock pack, and layers of insulating foam can be added under it to get you into position behind the scope.

If you want a hand setting yourself up, you're relatively close by and I'd help you with fitting it.

Who's rifle class are you attending?

ranger3five

Dec 29, 2008
    Gorgous Prince George's
    I am gonna be attending Commonwealth Criminal Justice academy ,Tom Perroni's Tactical training he has three levels of training beginner,intermediate ,and advanced DDM class Tom went to the marine scout sniper school but he wasnt a marine scout sniper just went to the school . I am ordering a comb adjustment for my stock and I want to order LOP adjustable too but I dont know which one is the best to get to add to my exsisting stock .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom