• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Well, I'm unloading a few safe queens to fund bigger and better things and I'm stuck on few prices. The first one is for a Browning Model 42. The gun is in excellent shape and from what i can tell, its never been fired. You can still see the factory white lithium grease in the action. Once I figure out a price, I'm going to stick it in the classifieds here and try selling it elsewhere too.

I've seen prices online go anywhere from $800 to $1500 for this gun. Thoughts...

DSC00032.jpg
    [/IMG]

DSC00031.jpg
    [/IMG]

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Really nice gun,unfortunately the Browning reproductions do not have the value of an original Winchester 42. Still it is a desirable gun and I think the value is in thn 800 to 1000 range, the higher grades going for a few hundred more.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Really nice gun,unfortunately the Browning reproductions do not have the value of an original Winchester 42. Still it is a desirable gun and I think the value is in thn 800 to 1000 range, the higher grades going for a few hundred more.

What do the Winchester 42's go for? I have one of those in the deep dark recesses of a closet somewhere.....in good condition.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    That Browning 42 is an $800 gun if I were selling it. The $1200 - $1500 you saw were the high grade guns. The Brownings came in two grade, standard and high grade as well as consecutive serial numbered sets of one of each. Both were 26" bbls and think they were all Modified chokes.

Winchester 42s vary greatly in price, depending on the configuration and condition.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Is it my imagination, or do .410s in pretty much anything command a higher price....I had a Stevens 311 12ga that I bought for $300 and the .410s I saw were running at least $500.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    That Browning 42 is an $800 gun if I were selling it. The $1200 - $1500 you saw were the high grade guns. The Brownings came in two grade, standard and high grade as well as consecutive serial numbered sets of one of each. Both were 26" bbls and think they were all Modified chokes.

Winchester 42s vary greatly in price, depending on the configuration and condition.

Spot on old chap! I may go a little more if the box and all the goodies were there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom