• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Finally able to submit an application for my C&R license. I had a couple questions that I couldn't find the answer for when I looked at past threads.

1. I got my application forms from the two pdfs provided here

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-16-notice.html

is this ok to get the app off of here? I saw other threads saying that you had to request them directly from the atf in order to get them.

2. Do I just send a separate filled out form of the Application to my CLEO? Or do I send them a copy of my license when I get it?

3. For the 5330.20 form, do I just sign my name for both the "name under which application was filed" and the "name of the person certifying to citizenship" part or does somebody else have to sign the latter?

4. If I pay with a check, do I just put it in the envelope with the app or do I have to do something special for it?

Sorry if all these questions seem redundant or stupid. I just don't want to screw anything up. I greatly appreciate any help

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    1. The ATF was incredibly fast when I requested the documents (Ordered Thursday evening, in my hands Saturday). They send you the official rule book and C&R list too (ATF publication 5300.11). You can apply with the PDF if printed on white paper. You're going to want a copy of the 5300.11 document to read before you start buying with the c&r.

2. The PDF you have has both the ATF and the CLEO copy. Note that at the bottom of each page it states if this is the ATF or the CLEO copy.

3. 5330.20 is for identifying that multiple people on the license are legal citizens. If it's just you on the application, ignore it.

4. Just throw a check in the ATF envelope. They will cash it immediately.

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    1. The ATF was incredibly fast when I requested the documents (Ordered Thursday evening, in my hands Saturday). They send you the official rule book and C&R list too (ATF publication 5300.11). You can apply with the PDF if printed on white paper. You're going to want a copy of the 5300.11 document to read before you start buying with the c&r.

2. The PDF you have has both the ATF and the CLEO copy. Note that at the bottom of each page it states if this is the ATF or the CLEO copy.

3. 5330.20 is for identifying that multiple people on the license are legal citizens. If it's just you on the application, ignore it.

4. Just throw a check in the ATF envelope. They will cash it immediately.

I never got the rule book when I requested. Just the forms to fill out.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks guys, I almost missed where the forms were marked ATF and CLEO. You just saved me from going through some aggravation. I've since checked the forms over about a dozen times so I think its ready to go into the mail tomorrow. How long should I expect to wait? I've seen 60-90 days but heard of it only taking people a few weeks

BigBird301

Jun 17, 2013
    Hampstead, MD
    I received mine in about 4 weeks. I was surprised to receive a package a week or so later that contained a wealth of info, including a C&R listing, a thick federal regulations book, a log book to record purchases, and a CD with current state laws.

CarlosM

Mar 12, 2013
    I just got mine. It took 34 says from when I mailed to when it arrived at my mailbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom