• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onatsky

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2010
    Parkville MD
    First time doing it. I got the mainspring assembly in but it wouldn't go down all the way. Got the hammer pin down while inserting mainspring assembly pointing downwards and flipped up while closing etc. Is there anything I missed?

I replaced the magazine disconnector with a bushing.

I tried doing it over and over again, watched almost all the reassembly videos on youtube, but same results.

Thanks in advance!

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Go to the Ruger website. Links. There's a video on reassembly. I had to go there this morning for the same thing.

Gunny1

Senior Citizen Member
    I took my Lite apart for the first time last week. Took me 4 hours to reassemble. Every part (since it was new) was really tight. My other MKII is easy. After reading the directions one final time, and after a prayer, it went back together correctly. Oh, and I watched every video on YouTube as well.

ifindppl

Sep 13, 2012
    Montgomery County
    I have taken mine apart twice. The first time was when I received it and wanted to clean it. They demonstrated it for me when I picked up the pistol and like everyone else, I watched the You Tube video and had the manual out. It was simple to put back together the first time. It took me about 10 minutes to get it back together the second time. A little frustrating. But it is a fun gun to shoot and worth the effort.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    hang on one minute

follow this video...or others like it. its really simple once you know the sequence. You really dont need to take apart the pistol grip portion with the trigger. You can but I havent done it. And I believe Chad will put it back together for a fee.

onatsky

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2010
    Parkville MD
    I had seen all the videos online and followed all the steps. I took it apart to install the bushing that replaces the magazine disconnector. I double checked again last night and looks alright. Looks like I might have to bring to a pro.

Thanks for all the responses.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I had seen all the videos online and followed all the steps. I took it apart to install the bushing that replaces the magazine disconnector. I double checked again last night and looks alright. Looks like I might have to bring to a pro.

Thanks for all the responses.

Clandestine/Chad is the person you need to talk to for that.

stillwillin

Mar 15, 2009
    Mont Co.
    I did my first dis/reassembly on a 22/45 Govt on Sunday. It broke down easily enough but it took 5 trys with an extra mag insertion to finally get it back together. :banghead::beer:

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Ron,

Try SPEED STRIP KIT --- Majestic Arms. Makes cleaning a bit easier. I installed for some of my students who had issues with the Ruger pistols.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Ron, I forgot that I have an AGI DVD for these pistols. If you want to borrow it, let me know. I'll bring it by Mon. or Tues, whichever nite you are at the shop. I'm going to have to watch it myself soon myself.

wasntme

Jun 10, 2012
    If you still need help let me know Im in harford county, you could bring it up and i'll show you how to take it all the way down without a speed strip kit. So easy you'll be like why didnt i think of that......lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom