• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Neat. I like kershaw knives, I have 3 and no complaints except the concave shape one of them has on the blade (its a pain to sharpen). They work well, are made of decent steel and have a very reasonable price tag.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I got one of these for my self a couple weeks ago and find that the screwdrivers are really usable and the blade stays reasonably sharp- good deal for $10, I try to never pay too much for my pocket clip knives because I lose them every 6 months or so.

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    I resisted the urge to buy this a few weeks ago, but after finding out it has better Steel than my Gerber Obsidian, I'm thinking I'm going to go get one. (I know nothing about steel, but am trying to learn. First hand experience is the best teacher)

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    This was my avatar for years on other forums. LOL. I didnt just dig it up to upset people.

Lol. I really thought we were being punished. Well... we are are being punished, but I thought it was intentional. Maybe, someday, the nice pair of jeans can make a come back? At least to me, personally, nothing screams Numidian like nicely shaped denim.

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    Oh, and I picked a few of these up today. One for me and others as gifts. I prefer the design and features of my Gerber Obsidian, but I did pay more for the Gerber as well.

The Kershaw's screwdrivers are more functional, but force the knife to be larger in width and depth to house them (this is not a small folder). I miss the file on the Gerber, and the locking mechanism. But, the Kershaw also appears to have a much better bottle opener (which I will verify this evening). I prefer the shape of the blade on the Gerber, but being a knife rookie, I have no reason other than aesthetics (it looks sturdier). I doubt this Kershaw will become a daily replacement for the Gerber anytime soon, but if the blade holds up better, I'm sure it will eventually. It's not like I'm going to buy an expensive knife to replace it.

dsc_0686edit.jpg

Last edited:

Lykaios

The Plastic Fantastic
    Mar 4, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    You are punishing the innocent along with the people that complained about your previous avatar. I miss the nice pair of jeans on the metal bar. :sad20:

Lol. I really thought we were being punished. Well... we are are being punished, but I thought it was intentional. Maybe, someday, the nice pair of jeans can make a come back? At least to me, personally, nothing screams Numidian like nicely shaped denim.

THESE :D

hmmm....I might pick one of those knives up myself. For $10 doesn't look like you can go wrong.

Eddie Van

Dude
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hollywood Star Lanes
    Oh, and I picked a few of these up today. One for me and others as gifts. I prefer the design and features of my Gerber Obsidian, but I did pay more for the Gerber as well.

The Kershaw's screwdrivers are more functional, but force the knife to be larger in width and depth to house them (this is not a small folder). I miss the file on the Gerber, and the locking mechanism. But, the Kershaw also appears to have a much better bottle opener (which I will verify this evening). I prefer the shape of the blade on the Gerber, but being a knife rookie, I have no reason other than aesthetics (it looks sturdier). I doubt this Kershaw will become a daily replacement for the Gerber anytime soon, but if the blade holds up better, I'm sure it will eventually. It's not like I'm going to buy an expensive knife to replace it.

dsc_0686edit.jpg

That kershaw looks like a pocket knife for one of the aliens from "District 9" :-)

BTW, I have (and enjoy) quite few Kershaws

district-9-20090803103101522_640w.jpg

Last edited:

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    I can't find them for $10. Do you have a link?

They are $10 in Walmart stores. Online they are priced at $25. I saw a ton of them in a Walmart in central PA a few weeks ago, but in Frederick, the Walmart off 85 had just a few, and the Walmart near Walkersville had none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom