• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    so 3 folks sitting at a table at hooters. the newbie with a new gun pops a loaded mag in, inadvertently drops the slide chambering a round, then, pointing it at the lady at the table, pulls the trigger. the 3rd person, an apparent long-time gun owner, just sits and watches as this all unfolds.

i believe it happened (someone posted about hearing a shot inside hooters on the dulles gun show thread) but holy cow, how incredibly stupid, dumb, naive, etc can all 3 parties be to cause/let this happen? you just cannot legislate away stupidity.

Last edited:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    For what its worth, I saw the ambulance heading to Hooters as I had just finished up my class in the hotel next door.

An ambulance also went to the gun show on Sunday....unknown reason.

Did you see a police response? The discharge of a firearm will bring more than an ambulance. As a former LEO you should know this.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    so 3 folks sitting at a table at hooters. the newbie with a new gun pops a loaded mag in, inadvertently drops the slide chambering a round, then, pointing it at the lady at the table, pulls the trigger. the 3rd person, an apparent long-time gun owner, just sits and watches as this all unfolds.

i believe it happened (someone posted about hearing a shot inside hooters on the dulles gun show thread) but holy cow, how incredibly stupid, dumb, naive, etc can all 3 parties be to cause/let this happen? you just cannot legislate away stupidity.

The experienced person goes to wash his hands/relieve himself and the novice thinks he knows everything because he has watched TV starts screwing with his new gun. I could see something like that happening.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Ok, so the victim, her husband and her boyfriend all go to the gunshow and buy a new(loaded) gun and then they all go to Hooters, get liquored up and the next thing you know.... BANG.
    I think I got it all figured out now.:o

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Still nothing official or legitimate in this thread. Just an anti trying to stir things up with a story that has changed as he's told it.

Stop feeding the troll. If this did happen, lets reserve ourselves until we have the facts from a reliable source.

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    http://oakhillva.com/2012/07/30/woman-shot-in-the-ankle-at-chantilly-hooters-restaurant/

Officers responded..22-year-old woman..gunshot wound to her ankle.

..Christopher E. Bohn, 36, of Manassas, reloaded his handgun and accidently fired; striking the victim..

Bohn was arrested and charged with willfully discharging firearms in a public place.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/2...in-Va-Restaurant?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

It happened at around 5:30 p.m. at 14441 Brookfield Tower Drive, on Saturday, police said.

120730012102_Christopher%20Bohn.jpg

@nogunsmcgee: If you have information about this incident, police want you to call 703-691-2131.

I hope the victim has a quick and full recovery, and that Mr. Bohn receives the stiffest penalty applicable under the law. This was not an accident, it was pure negligence.

Jul 19, 2012
    PA
    SO it says nothing about her being his gf/wife and she got shot in the ankle not the shin...O Noguns please tell us more about your story :lol2: What was it like watching Batman when the shots rang out in Colorado?

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    I saw the whole thing happen. I was eating some wings and and next thing I know I hear a "INCOMMING" yelling and screaming ensued, babies crying non-stop, C-130 gunships we laying cover fire then BANG! Drone strike. Girl hit in the ankle and the insurgent was taken into custody. If it were not for the C-130.

The worst part is that I could not get my bucket of Oysters because DHS and Probies were there to secure the area. They cleared with rooms with Sig 226s.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    So he was RELOADING his weapon inside the restaurant? Guess he thought it was better there than the local high school or courthouse/police station....

As someone else put is so succinctly, you cannot legislate away all stupidity or society's woes [but Bloomberg would like the chance to prove that idea wrong]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom