NCR trail expantion In central Maryland.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    There is a new study out about expanding the NCR trail thought Hunt valley all the way to Lake Roland. The original plan was to run along the light rail line which seemed very sensible. A new study has just come out. The new plan is to follow all the major roads in the area. All of these roads are extremely busy. From York road, Padonia, Timonium and thought lutherville area. They wish to cut traffic lanes on these roads. Also want to expand the sidewalks off of Thornton road to 10 feet to make the new trail. That would make most front yards and driveway there unusable. 72 million dollar project. I think this will create traffic nightmares in the whole area. Also on a side not. You cannot carry on the trail state park property. If it runs in front of your driveway I assume you would be breaking the law leaving home with a permit. I would love to have some input and suggestions on how to stop this.

I also understand that this is only a small part of the expantion. Other section may include all the way down York rd.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I haven't seen anything about this new plan. The proposed route would be really close to my house.
    Along the light rail seems like a great idea but there are places where there is not enough space to add a bike lane. Especially through Old Lutherville

owldo

Ultimate Member
    There is a new study out about expanding the NCR trail thought Hunt valley all the way to Lake Roland. The original plan was to run along the light rail line which seemed very sensible. A new study has just come out. The new plan is to follow all the major roads in the area. All of these roads are extremely busy. From York road, Padonia, Timonium and thought lutherville area. They wish to cut traffic lanes on these roads. Also want to expand the sidewalks off of Thornton road to 10 feet to make the new trail. That would make most front yards and driveway there unusable. 72 million dollar project. I think this will create traffic nightmares in the whole area. Also on a side not. You cannot carry on the trail state park property. If it runs in front of your driveway I assume you would be breaking the law leaving home with a permit. I would love to have some input and suggestions on how to stop this.

I also understand that this is only a small part of the expansion. Other section may include all the way down York rd.
    This will turn the NCR trail into the new Gwynns Falls/Leakin Park body dump ...

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    This is part of what they call the Greenway plan. On the surface not a bad Idea to have a bike and walking path from Florida To Maine. I have seen some parts of this in Florida and they do it very well. Completely separate from roadways. Of coarse in Maryland they are planning it just like the city does. From what I can see to increase traffic flow.
    Also seems to be one of the best keep secrets. The last public meeting they had was only announced the day before the meeting. On a biking trail Facebook group with around 300 followers. Fox news did do a brief news story on it after the fact. You can down load the plan here: https://www.lakeroland.org › wp-content › uploads › 2022 › 10 › Linking-Jones-Falls-to-NCR-Trails-S . Lake Roland website. Also Baltimore county has a public comment if anyone would like to submit a comment. https://forms.office.com/pages/resp...EpPNTAwWlQ1TlhORkRSWTdSQkhCUS4u&origin=QRCode

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Nextdoor has hundreds of comments on this along with copies of the whole plan---I particularly liked the comment from a Lutherville resident complaining about the new proposed public restroom to be built next door to her house--I commented that she would probably be asked to hose it out occasionally-when the homeless were not sleeping in there----as usual you get what you vote for!
    My youngest lives in Colorado Springs which has a network of bike trails linking the downtown and the suburbs--when we were biking downtown he would periodically note-"Dad-large unhoused area coming up--keep moving" The homeless areas were a mess as you might imagine

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Ha Ha Ha.
    Bikeway planning at it's best.
    I work for Montgomery Cnty. Dept. of Transportation Engineering. For another week and a half.
    I see all the ridiculous stuff they do for 'bike ways'.
    From expanding a six foot walk to 8 or 10. either taking someone's front lawn or part of a road to shrinking the roadway and making a bike lane along with traffic calming structures (curbs that bump out causing flats when you hit them. Spending millions on tunnels under roads - of course no crime ever happens in those.
    Just be quiet and go along with it.
    After all it's for the greater good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom