• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • azuluza

May 14, 2013
    Looking for someone near us that can do a duracoat job on a Remington 700 Stock as well as a AR15

0.jpg

421243_full.jpg

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    neither 'close' to SoMD so apologies in advance -- but in case you can't find someone in your patch, these are the two I'd start with

Bollingers in Taneytown. He was stripping a rifle to do a navy digicam job on when I was last there. I don't know the diff btwn duracoat and cerakote nor whether he does both -- I know he does cerakote.

Engage in Rockville. the work they are doing with the E4 rifles and the ones done with airbrushing clearly show they got the skills to pull this off.

Be careful though - i always spend more $$ than I'm planning on when I visit either shop.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Isn't that pattern going away in the next year or so?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Whaa? I thought they were only changing the material? Praise be if they are getting a new print.

At least some commands have been authorized to go to NWU III I think as of April.

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Rumor has it that the branches have been directed to come up with a single pattern or family of patterns instead of the current clusterf*** we have where everyone is wearing two different styles of uniforms within the same AOR. Similar to what we had with the BDUs, before the Marines developed a new pattern and then everyone else lost their minds and we ended up with crap like the ABU and whatever the Navy calls those things.

azuluza

May 14, 2013
    I just like the color lol , were going off topic and yes I hate those ABU's or whatever theyre called

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Guy at our club does it. Does good work too. Did a members AR in red, white and blue digicam and it came out awesome. I PM'd you his email. He's Southern MD local too (Great Mills).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom