• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    We had a pretty interesting Husky Swede posted earlier this week... with one truly scary & troubling photo in the thread... following that theme, here's a few pics of a Norwegian Kongsberg Model 1914 (licensed pre-WWI Colt 1911) I picked up yesterday. Been looking for a decent example for awhile, they're pretty hard to find with not quite 33,000 made all told and most are beat to heck. But this one, well, it's kinda sweet. Original dark grey parkerized finish, correct "crude" lanyard-loop magazine, birch (?) grips are stained/painted black from the factory. This one was made in 1945 just after the war ended and the Germans got booted out. Interesting features include the extended slide stop and the crude-looking hammer "in the white."

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      66.9 KB · Views: 377
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      65.9 KB · Views: 372
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      36.9 KB · Views: 286
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      48.3 KB · Views: 357
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      41.1 KB · Views: 366

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    We had a pretty interesting Husky Swede posted earlier this week... with one truly scary & troubling photo in the thread... following that theme, here's a few pics of a Norwegian Kongsberg Model 1914 (licensed pre-WWI Colt 1911) I picked up yesterday. Been looking for a decent example for awhile, they're pretty hard to find with not quite 33,000 made all told and most are beat to heck. But this one, well, it's kinda sweet. Original dark grey parkerized finish, correct "crude" lanyard-loop magazine, birch (?) grips are stained/painted black from the factory. This one was made in 1945 just after the war ended and the Germans got booted out. Interesting features include the extended slide stop and the crude-looking hammer "in the white."

tumblr_lwuis4jQbt1qi0tzv.jpg

Holy god that's nice.

Jul 1, 2012
    The guy I got it from said and I quote "my dlck fell off when I saw it." mine kinda went the other way when I opened up the box :)

Unfortunately I've gotten into Hi Powers too...

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    that is really interesting.

I'm afraid to ask about how much they go for....

oh, and btw... psst... got any HPs you want to unload?

Jul 1, 2012
    Nope, no HP's to sell... I'm in FN Browning Acquisition Mode right now :)
    There's a fairly cheap WWII-era Hi Power on GB right now ... messed up but fixable. I bid but am bailing....

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    That gun's value is less than half of what any of you may think it is as there is a severely mismatched major part in those pics, definitely NOT the original pull string.:lol2:

Nice gun.:thumbsup:

Jul 1, 2012
    ... definitely NOT the original pull string.

When you pull it, it says "F you O'<insert whichever>, I got this overnight on my C&R"

Actually the tag reads "original mag for Norwegian 1914 S/N xxxxxx .... seems unused, use plain 1911 mag if firing." So I left it in place just for the heck of it. I doubt I'll mix it up with my other 1911 mags though!

I got a mint Sistema Colt M1927 "Marina de Guerra" from the same guy, I'll try to put up some pics this weekend...

BTW: The picture of the naughty girls is OH so much more pleasing than the one in the Husky Swede thread - thanks! :party29:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Am I the only one that read the title and thought this was a beer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom