• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I’m sure this has been covered already but I’m on my phone and a search didn’t return anything. So apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere in the site. So the nations gun show in Dulles is happening this weekend. Anyone been to these? Is it worth it to buy the ticket and go or is it just overpriced same ole same ole? I’ve honestly never been to a gun show in my life. I’ve always just bought whatever I wanted when I wanted it. Have always heard that gun shows are usually severely overpriced, so I’ve just avoided them. But I have the day off this Friday and heard a commercial earlier about the show. So I thought maybe I would check it out. Not necessarily in the market for anything but you know how it is.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I’m sure this has been covered already but I’m on my phone and a search didn’t return anything. So apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere in the site.

There's a subforum just for shows here:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98

So the nations gun show in Dulles is happening this weekend. Anyone been to these? Is it worth it to buy the ticket and go or is it just overpriced same ole same ole?

Chantilly in particular is a HUGE show, I'm sure many if not most here have been at least once.

There will be some things that are overpriced. The days of finding huge bargains at gun shows are probably gone, unless you get lucky. Remember that going to a show is a sizeable expense for the vendor.

I go to see things I wouldn't otherwise see, find things I didn't know I was looking for, and see items from lots of shops all at one time instead of making lots of stops all over.

In other words, just as much entertainment as bargain shopping, but sometimes you luck out.

I’ve honestly never been to a gun show in my life. I’ve always just bought whatever I wanted when I wanted it. Have always heard that gun shows are usually severely overpriced, so I’ve just avoided them. But I have the day off this Friday and heard a commercial earlier about the show. So I thought maybe I would check it out. Not necessarily in the market for anything but you know how it is.

The only thing I have seen really overpriced at the last few shows is ammo (other than one MD vendor that seems to have a 40% markup on everything). The sky high firearm prices of last year have mostly normalized.

This is by far the largest show in the area. If you've never been, it's definitely worth checking out.

Chewmeista

Mar 26, 2021
    I moved down here from NOVA about a year ago. I went to the Nations gun show a few times each year until about two years ago. It is so incredible crowded and good deals are hard to come by. It's basically just all eye candy and can be nice to see that many different firearms all in one building. Although I do like getting the pickles from there. I miss the days of stacks of Mosins for $90.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I do miss that show and I know how crowded it gets , Deals are were you find them , For Marylanders it being able to stock up on std.cap mags. I hit my supply numbers on mags and I would have a eye out for ammo and ammo cans , The money was always cash and if I found nothing there's always the guy selling coins and silver so I'd leave with silver and it was as at home in my safe as my guns . Don't have any big shows here but they do in Atlanta so I plan a trip to go to the show and stay with a good friend and get into some great Asian food . Hate the traffic .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom