• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I just got back, I wasnt looking that closely at most things but I didnt really see anything that was a flaming deal. Mosins were ok if you were looking, ARs uppers were ok if you were looking etc. PMAGs seemed about the same, ammo seemed about the same as online+shipping.

I walked out with a man purse (ammo can) and 8 boxes of Remington 250 Savage.

Only temptation was the Taylor's girls, I mean Taylor's firearms. They just astound me with how good their replicas are in fit and finish. The smoke wagon tuned guns are..........INCREDIBLE triggers and they can do that job to any gun in their catalog. I see a set of somethings from them (guns not the girls) in my future when I have some more disposable income.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Went today also. Didn't get a thing. Did you know Harrisburg has a show this weekend? Might go tomorrow.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Went today also. Didn't get a thing. Did you know Harrisburg has a show this weekend? Might go tomorrow.

To much $$$ and parking. Ill wait for York. Frankly I am really out of buying mode, snuck away from the office with the hope of getting some web gear for my hiking pack and didnt even see a lot of that. Just the same old timers selling overpriced guns.

Wheelbrain

Aug 15, 2011
    Rockville, Maryland
    I purchased the only Swiss K31 ($350.00) I could find, a 1941 example with matching serial numbers - along with 120 rounds of GP11 ammunition ($35.00/60 rounds). No soldier's tag behind the butt-plate, but the stock is in surprisingly good condition. Didn't find any stripper clips available for sale - off to eBay! Apologies for mediocre quality cell phone picture.

I also stupidly thought I had to transfer the rifle after purchasing it from a Virginia dealer. Thanks to (edit: Dan44) for correcting me on that. :thumbsup:

K31.png

TheCrow

Jun 22, 2011
    Granite, MD
    Fun show, renewed my NRA membership and picked up a few 30 round pmags for my AR, they were 13.99 a mag. Unfortunatley I am low on cash so couldn't pick up any new guns :(

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I purchased the only Swiss K31 ($350.00) I could find, a 1941 example with matching serial numbers - along with 120 rounds of GP11 ammunition ($35.00/60 rounds). No soldier's tag behind the butt-plate, but the stock is in surprisingly good condition. Didn't find any stripper clips available for sale - off to eBay! Apologies for mediocre quality cell phone picture.

I also stupidly thought I had to transfer the rifle after purchasing it from a Virginia dealer. Thanks to Dave45 for correcting me on that. :thumbsup:

Close, Dan44.....I knew I should have brought stuff to sell. The only 74 mags I saw were $36 E German/ $15 Korean AK mags.......dang shame. I'm looking for some stuff so I prob will go to Harrisburg.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I went today.

Picked up some mags. Also got 500 rds of pmc .223 for $170. Not too bad for today's prices.

I was on the lookout for a 10/22 Takedown but didn't see any. Not a lot in the way of mosin's either. Also couldn't find a IWB holster for an LCP w/ crimson trace (gonna try it out on the fiancee. We're going to Vermont next week where we can both legally carry without permits like in Arizona.)

All and all...meh. I guess if you are a VA resident it might be different. For Marylanders...I don't think I'll be going back unless I need mags.

Oh did find some great shape .50 cal cans for $12 a piece.

Glockman

Jun 20, 2011
    For any MD residents going who are in the market for a nice SKS, I will be bringing my refinished Yugo to the show this morning. I probably won't be carrying it around, so if you want to take a look send me a private message and we can arrange something!

If you decide you like it, we can meet back in MD and make the transaction.

Also I have some .44 mag/special ammo I'm trying to get rid of that I'll bring. American Eagle and BVAC, some of it is open and not in boxes. A little less than 200 rounds (I think it's like 194 rds or something like that), yours for $100 cash. First to PM me gets first dibs.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Was it as crowded as last time? I'm heading down today with a few kids in tow. Don't really have any gun funds available right now, but good enough reason to stop by the Dogfish ale house right down the road.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    From my friend in Sterling Va.

Hey oldMan the parking will be a bitch, Walmart opened their Super Store and over 1/2 the lot is now theirs.

Ah but there's a silver lining...

My buddy and I went last night, it took me forever to get over from Waldorf thru traffic and didn't get there till 7. We were on a mission to scoop up a 10/22 Takedown each. We asked about 15 dealers on the way in, NO ONE had them until we found one in the box, never opened. Guy wouldn't budge on the price but it was still a good deal ($340 out the door, they go for $300-350 on gunbroker). While I was going to the ATM for payment my buddy found one on display a few tables over and snagged it. I ran into a problem though because as a MD resident I needed a 2nd form of ID. I didn't drive (no car registration handy) and my buddy had his company truck so the dealer suggested we go over to the Wal-Mart to get fishing licenses as second forms of ID.

It's a 2 minute walk across the parking lot. We had enough time to sort that BS out and get back in time to pick up our guns. Both of us saw other people that were interested in them come back to pick them up (or so they thought) while we were filling out paperwork.

I also got an OK deal on a 60-rd surefire mag, my buddy picked up a few PMAGs and some BX-25 mags for the new 10/22s!

Pics in the rimfire section soon...

Seemed like there was a lot of stuff from the usual sellers there. Don't know how many real deals were there as we only had enough time to get what we were looking for then get out as they were closing up. This show is great for anyone who is looking to fingerbang a bunch of pistols without walking into a gun shop and wasting sales peoples' time if they haven't made up their minds and just want to handle what they're considering.

I did see a real cool OLD Beretta 92. Not the 92F or FS... blued slide, heel mag catch, all that. :)

jaygibson

Aug 17, 2010
    Great Mills, MD

I also stupidly thought I had to transfer the rifle after purchasing it from a Virginia dealer. Thanks to (edit: Dan44) for correcting me on that. :thumbsup:

K31.png

Went today and picked up the only K31 that I could find. I'll put pics up in the c&r forum later.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Yeah, wasn't too crowded. Lots of AR stuff. Some good deals if you were looking around. I picked up 500 rounds of CCI lawman 9mm for $110. Not a smoking deal, but not bad either considering that ammo prices are creeping up again. Got some paracord for the kids and a knife for my son. Stopped and had a nice, but expensive lunch at Dogfish Alehouse.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Was not busy at all. Got a great deal on 500rds of S&B 115GR 9mm for $109, got 1000rds of that, 250 of Speer Lawman .45, 2 30rd PMags, and 2 CZ-75 SP01 Mags for $45 each. Found everything I wanted and got to browse everything in relative peace due to the smaller crowds.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Hopefully that guy bought another pallet of ammo cans. He was sold out of 50 cal cans by Sunday of the last show, and I think the ones that he did have were left over from the last few shows.

The ammo cans are nice but pricey. 12 buks. Though they are clean and I sort of wih I had bought two

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    There was a guy selling a sgl21 and 4 30rd yugo mags for $800. Be still my beating heart.

Anyhow, picked up ammo, patches and mags.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    There was a guy selling a sgl21 and 4 30rd yugo mags for $800. Be still my beating heart.

Anyhow, picked up ammo, patches and mags.

Was that the one on the guys back? Little high by my count, though Yugo mags can be scarce. He had an early Marlin 336 that I almost considered, a little rough but priced right at $150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom