• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Tried going to the show. Parking was a joke, folks were even parking in the lots for the fastfood places next door as well as the hotel, and there were two lines around both corners. Just to many people. Unfortunately I also got bumped by someone else in a pickup truck. Person would not let me backup to get out of his way. Rude!!!

Decided not to stay. Guess next time I will try to go earlier in the day and avoid some of the crowds. Or, at least be able to park somewhere.

Dave

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    Tried going to the show. Parking was a joke, folks were even parking in the lots for the fastfood places next door as well as the hotel, and there were two lines around both corners. Just to many people. Unfortunately I also got bumped by someone else in a pickup truck. Person would not let me backup to get out of his way. Rude!!!

Decided not to stay. Guess next time I will try to go earlier in the day and avoid some of the crowds. Or, at least be able to park somewhere.

Dave

It is not normally like that. Not sure why this one was so crowded. The only other time I've seen the parking lot remotely that crowded (and still not even close) was when a computer show was going on in the other building.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It is not normally like that. Not sure why this one was so crowded. The only other time I've seen the parking lot remotely that crowded (and still not even close) was when a computer show was going on in the other building.

Half the time the show is on when another show is going on, which makes the parking situation even worse! The worst I've seen it was the one right after Obama got elected. Friday after work, around 4:00, the line was even longer!

Jim

EWO

AGC / Monumental Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Ellicott City MD

The Arizona event, no doubt.

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    The Arizona event, no doubt.

Yeah, we thought about that. The current political climate in MD surely had an impact. I saw a lot more MD tags in the parking lot. I just did not expect it to have THAT large of an impact. I figured that was why everyone was buying 31 round glock mags.

Am I the only one who has no desire for mags that large?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Yeah, we thought about that. The current political climate in MD surely had an impact. I saw a lot more MD tags in the parking lot. I just did not expect it to have THAT large of an impact. I figured that was why everyone was buying 31 round glock mags.

Apparently, yes :) I got two for S&Gs, and as competition mags for my Keltec.

Jim

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Apparently, yes :) I got two for S&Gs, and as competition mags for my Keltec.

Jim
    It may be the reverse of my Cuban rum/cigar desire. I want them because they are illegal, whereas I want the 31 round mags because they are legal, but might become illegal. If we buddy up with Cuba, I'll be karma'ing all my rum and cigars as to me, they'll be worthless. :)

At least I now know Glock makes a only a 22 round factory mag in .40, but the 31 rounders for .40 are aftermarket.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va

Dave

Parking was bad. Half my students had to park in the bank lot across Willard Rd.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    It was a little odd to see how crowed it was, I have been to at least 4 of the Nations Gun shows (even one during the Obama rush) and this was the most crowded by far.

mako263

Feb 15, 2008
    nations gun show

Saturday was a record setter for this show. 9000 through the door. Friday and Sunday together 8000. Thats more people than all the Maryland Gun Shows put together. Could it be their Virginia Laws!

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010

The political climate probably applies in VA as well. The difference is that in VA, everybody simply mail ordered what they wanted.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Saturday was a record setter for this show. 9000 through the door. Friday and Sunday together 8000. Thats more people than all the Maryland Gun Shows put together. Could it be their Virginia Laws!

Looks like the real money is in hosting the show........17000 visitors at $11-12 a pop plus whatever they charge the vendors.

Been to 5 or 6 of these and this was the most crowded I've ever seen the show.

I'm used to there being lines to get in when I get there first thing Saturday morning.....but I left around 1:30 in the afternoon and the line was still around the building...that I have never seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom