• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I passed as I am trying to conserve bucks a little bit, hate to do it as I like to browse around for a deal. Plus I just ordered two PPS 50 drums (going nice and legal to an out of state address) the steel ones that are hard to get from AIM.

:D:D Im having second thoughts how late are they open I could use some cleaning supplies!

May 25, 2009
    halethorpe
    picked my self up a viridian X5L green laser/light combo for my fnp or XD havent decided...wasent to bad of a price i thought..looked up internet prices on my phone as i walked around thinking about buying it..if you factor in shiping and the time spent looking for a good deal i may have saved 5-10 bucks online

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    just got home, picked up a few things:
    1000 rds PMC .223 for $320 no tax/or tax included?
    got a sweet deal on a camelbak pack for $75 (found online for $150, gotta love having a iPhone@the show)
    Magpul sling & ambi mounting plate

TheSPkid

Sep 24, 2008
    Severna Park
    Will it be worth going on a Sunday or will most of the good deals be gone. I'm heading back from Pittsburgh in the morning and will just catch 81 and head to the show.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    just got home, picked up a few things:
    1000 rds PMC .223 for $320 no tax/or tax included?
    got a sweet deal on a camelbak pack for $75 (found online for $150, gotta love having a iPhone@the show)
    Magpul sling & ambi mounting plate

Good deal on brass .223.........

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I found a ACH helmet for 85.00 but didnt buy it, My friend bought a brand new one yesterday for 100.00. Seems i need a XL size.

I found a revision eyewear sawfly military kit for 25.00, Online? 79.00

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    About the only thing I really wanted was a East German Vopo Luger. The guy had $1200 price and I offered 1k. He did not go for it. I may go Sun and see if he changed his mind. The only other deal was the $10 Chinese AK mags. I passed, don't need any more mags.

JWLaRue

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Nov 23, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    I noticed some sort of film/TV crew at the show. This was around 12:20pm. Anyone catch where they may have showed up on the news?

Also, there were quire a number of 1903-A4 Springfields there......anyone have any idea why and how so many are showing up all of a sudden? (As best as I could tell, none were CMP)

Still waiting for ammo prices to come down a bit more, but as others have noted the prices are much more reasonable.

-Jeff

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    They were probally the Gibbs copy of the 1903a4.

They use 03a3 recievers and surplus metal and new wood and barrel and make replicas. The scopes and mount are also replica. They look nice but, but for 1000.00 id spend my $ on something not put together.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ya they have been pushing those for a while, its amazing how the Gibbs name keeps getting resurrected under new ownership.

Those 1903's are ok shooters but frankly like most things not worth what they are trying to get for them. Of course I have said the same thing about James River M1 carbine rebuilds so take it for what its worth.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    I noticed some sort of film/TV crew at the show. This was around 12:20pm. Anyone catch where they may have showed up on the news?-Jeff

It was the NRANews crew. I was outside smoking near them, but I guess I wasn't deemed worthy of having a camera stuck in my face and asked inane questions. Otherwise it would have been something like this....

Interviewer: "So, we're here today at the Nations Gun Show... excuse me sir, are you here to exercise your 2D amendment rights?"

Me: "No, I hate guns. I'm just here for the jerky." :rolleyes:

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    It was the NRANews crew. I was outside smoking near them, but I guess I wasn't deemed worthy of having a camera stuck in my face and asked inane questions. Otherwise it would have been something like this....

Interviewer: "So, we're here today at the Nations Gun Show... excuse me sir, are you here to exercise your 2D amendment rights?"

Me: "No, I hate guns. I'm just here for the jerky." :rolleyes:

:lol2:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    The one guy who had a scar for a year or so that is on the far right side when you walk in priced his at $2700. And when he first got it he priced it at $6k haha

saw that.. it was "swiss" made.. :innocent0

i got 2 308 magpul mags and a new scope.. 8-32x54mm w/ green and red illum. for just over couple hundred..

was looking for ar target grip but didnt see any. almost got a ruger 10/20t .. but i think i'll hold off till york.. not bad ammo prices... its not all empty like last years mad rush w/ ammos.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    i picked up 2 black 30 round pmags with windows for $15 a piece. If there were any ammo deals to be had they were on the left side as you walked in. A few vendors I wondered what they had in mind then they put a price on their ammo.
    some ak ammo sold for $10-$15 a box of 20 im not sure who bought that.
    I also ended up going next door to the computer expo(huge mistake). It sorta blows my mind how they can sell so much pirated stuff and people turn a blind eye. Yet next door at the gun show everyone seems to be watching.

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    i picked up 2 black 30 round pmags with windows for $15 a piece. If there were any ammo deals to be had they were on the left side as you walked in. A few vendors I wondered what they had in mind then they put a price on their ammo.
    some ak ammo sold for $10-$15 a box of 20 im not sure who bought that.
    I also ended up going next door to the computer expo(huge mistake). It sorta blows my mind how they can sell so much pirated stuff and people turn a blind eye. Yet next door at the gun show everyone seems to be watching.

i did see a couple of vendors with knock off EoTechs:tdown:

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Did something happen recently at the show? Reason I ask is I went there today. Yes I see the sign no loaded guns. Been there a couple times a year for past few years. Usually I pop out the mag, clear it and the lady zip ties it. Ive even popped the mag back in even though it could never load or stuck it in my pocket. This time I walk in already cleared, loaded mag in one hand gun in the other hand. As I hand it to her she goes off - didnt you see the signs, No loaded guns. I say its not loaded, she takes the mag says - this is loaded this is a loaded gun then takes the bullets mumbling this is the third time today. And way more signs than usual. I don't get it - since when is a mag separated from a gun makes the gun loaded. Only pissed cause it was 380 bullets and they are expensive and hard to come by. I could be wrong but...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom