• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Its gaining steam again. http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...b4131a-a38d-11e2-9c03-6952ff305f35_story.html

If this would pass I'm assuming we could get Florida permits and carry in Maryland. :thumbsup:

Could be a poison pill to kill the bill or a bribe to the NRA to not crucify those that vote for a bill that contains that provision even if later striped out.

Even if it passes it may exclude non resident permits. My guess is it would be home state visiting state like drivers Lic.
    I would like to see federal standards for ccw. Like a cdl. We will get standards set eventually I think federal standards will be easier to understand and comply with than Maryland law.

IF G&s is dead and I think I this I prefer congress to write the standard of performance rather than the mga.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Most likely a reciprocity bill would be like what passed in the House last year-all permits would be accepted in all states EXCEPT your home state. So MD residents would still need a MD permit for MD, but could get a VA permit and carry everywhere else.
    I haven't seen a bill even submitted this term, but I guess that's coming. Definitely could be a poison pill amendment.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Most likely a reciprocity bill would be like what passed in the House last year-all permits would be accepted in all states EXCEPT your home state. So MD residents would still need a MD permit for MD, but could get a VA permit and carry everywhere else.
    I haven't seen a bill even submitted this term, but I guess that's coming. Definitely could be a poison pill amendment.

The benefit of having more than one residence with only one being your 'official' residence.:innocent0

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Could be a poison pill to kill the bill or a bribe to the NRA to not crucify those that vote for a bill that contains that provision even if later striped out.

Even if it passes it may exclude non resident permits. My guess is it would be home state visiting state like drivers Lic.
    I would like to see federal standards for ccw. Like a cdl. We will get standards set eventually I think federal standards will be easier to understand and comply with than Maryland law.

IF G&s is dead and I think I this I prefer congress to write the standard of performance rather than the mga.

I will say as someone who has worked close with the current NRA, that I seriously doubt they are going to be bribed by shiny things. They won't support a registration program just to get reciprocity.

Here in Maryland we had some lawmakers suggest shall-issue and support an amendment for it - that was doomed to begin with - and then vote for the worst bit of gun control this state has ever seen. MSI was not fooled, and I doubt anyone else was either. Once upon a time this kind of game might have worked, but not with today's activists. Nobody here will be fooled. You are all too damn smart for such nonsense.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I will say as someone who has worked close with the current NRA, that I seriously doubt they are going to be bribed by shiny things. They won't support a registration program just to get reciprocity.

Here in Maryland we had some lawmakers suggest shall-issue and support an amendment for it - that was doomed to begin with - and then vote for the worst bit of gun control this state has ever seen. MSI was not fooled, and I doubt anyone else was either. Once upon a time this kind of game might have worked, but not with today's activists. Nobody here will be fooled. You are all too damn smart for such nonsense.

We are a much wiser group, having just had a crash course in civics. Unlike the past, there are THOUSANDS of us scrutinizing their every move. Every nook and cranny is covered and the bad stuff posted here in plain English for all to read. Next session we need to continue to hold their feet to the fire. Especially people who are not our friends. Examine every vote on every amendment to every single bill. We will need this information for the 2014 campaign. When people are told how their "representatives" vote on the issues that affect them, they are going to be angry.

Just one example, the gas tax:

"Hello, Citizen. Did you know that Delegate X feels you should pay more for gas?" That won't go over big. I bet most people don't know there is a gas tax.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Just one example, the gas tax:

"Hello, Citizen. Did you know that Delegate X feels you should pay more for gas?" That won't go over big. I bet most people don't know there is a gas tax.

I'm looking forward to people's reactions to hearing which delegates voted in favor of taxing their constituents' rainfall. That'll go over like a lead balloon....

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Yes thanks for pointing this out. I meant to say 'attempted' bribe. I agree the NRA don't play that game and I have seen them work here in MD. Should have been more precise. :)

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Yes thanks for pointing this out. I meant to say 'attempted' bribe. I agree the NRA don't play that game and I have seen them work here in MD. Should have been more precise. :)

Not my job to defend them or take on their PR issues. Just adding some info to the mix. Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom