• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Weren't you arguing that you needed a home state ccw? If it wasn't you, I meant to post in response to who was arguing that. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, no. I was arguing that the idiotic constitutional carry reciprocity provisions will greatly harm our chances of getting this bill passed.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I wonder if we can get a bill that will address certain ban aspects such as magazine capacity or hollow points in NJ. None of the bills I have seen so far address these issues.

NJ's idiocy (requiring non-expanding/ball ammunition generally requiring more shots (trauma) to stop a threat... and having a higher likelihood of both over-penetration and fragmenting, thus increasing injury to (innocent) bystanders - can easily be overcome:

https://www.federalpremium.com/ammunition/handgun/family/guard-dog/guard-dog/pd9grd#2

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    NJ's idiocy (requiring non-expanding/ball ammunition generally requiring more shots (trauma) to stop a threat... and having a higher likelihood of both over-penetration and fragmenting, thus increasing injury to (innocent) bystanders - can easily be overcome:

https://www.federalpremium.com/ammunition/handgun/family/guard-dog/guard-dog/pd9grd#2
    They allow expanding ammunition. Critical duty/defense is permitted. The hollow point has been filled with polymer and somehow it is no longer a hollow point...

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    They allow expanding ammunition. Critical duty/defense is permitted. The hollow point has been filled with polymer and somehow it is no longer a hollow point...

Not to threadjack, but what does NJ ban again, exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    But seriously, here it is:

31c3dbbf8cfb7fecef76f1ae9def3151.jpg

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    Oh, no. I was arguing that the idiotic constitutional carry reciprocity provisions will greatly harm our chances of getting this bill passed.

What's idiotic about it? 25% of states have already implemented it in some form...that percentage grows every year. Politically, I think you start with it then push for all it's worth. We are close to sixty Senate votes on this.

If it fails or doesn't get support, then you just exempt "may issue" states from national reciprocity and celebrate a minor victory that does jack crap for millions of Americans who live in states who disregard constitutional protections on the right to keep and bear arms.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    What's idiotic about it? 25% of states have already implemented it in some form...that percentage grows every year. Politically, I think you start with it then push for all it's worth. We are close to sixty Senate votes on this.

If it fails or doesn't get support, then you just exempt "may issue" states from national reciprocity and celebrate a minor victory that does jack crap for millions of Americans who live in states who disregard constitutional protections on the right to keep and bear arms.

How does it disregard protections for those in may issue states? I am not arguing that "may issue" states should be exempt. I'm arguing that to take advantage of reciprocity, either 1) a person should need a permit or 2) not need any permit at all. But I do not support giving reciprocity to Vermont citizens with NO permit while a resident of Maine needs a permit to take advantage of reciprocity.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Bad example. Maine is permitless carry now. :)

The idea is, if you have a permit, you can carry anywhere.

If you live in a state that does not require a permit, you can still carry anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom