• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattWasHere

New guy
    Dec 5, 2012
    St Mary's
    I was pumped to get in on the TFT shoot, very disappointed to find out it wasn't happening. Does anybody know if *any*active duty (besides security personnel) on base are allowed to use the range?

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    I was pumped to get in on the TFT shoot, very disappointed to find out it wasn't happening. Does anybody know if *any*active duty (besides security personnel) on base are allowed to use the range?

I have not been on this base long enough to know for sure on Pax, but on other bases with similiar indoor ranges, they are used to qualify all local military required to maintain qualification.

For example, at NAS Brunswick Maine (moment of silence for great base that was BRAC'd) that was all Aircrew and forward deployable units plus base security personnel.
    NAS brunsick also would squeeze in Sailors needing requal or initial qual on ships in rehab at Bath Iron Works. it was a very busy place. Just quessing, but don't think NAS PAX has that kind of throughput.

MattWasHere

New guy
    Dec 5, 2012
    St Mary's
    I have not been on this base long enough to know for sure on Pax, but on other bases with similiar indoor ranges, they are used to qualify all local military required to maintain qualification.

For example, at NAS Brunswick Maine (moment of silence for great base that was BRAC'd) that was all Aircrew and forward deployable units plus base security personnel.
    NAS brunsick also would squeeze in Sailors needing requal or initial qual on ships in rehab at Bath Iron Works. it was a very busy place. Just quessing, but don't think NAS PAX has that kind of throughput.

H&R - I second NAS Brunswick being the best base ever... That was a pretty nice range too, idunno about $16M but still. I did a requal there before deployment and that's what made me wonder - I agree that PAX couldn't possibly be that busy so I wonder if we couldn't weasel our way in... My M9 skills could always be improved! I hate for taxpayer dollars to go unused! :D

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    The letter from the CO is pathetic. "Had no choice" hell. If he wants to worry about "readiness" he'd do well to man the gates appropriately so people don't have to wait in long lines to get in. The pass offices could use some work too.

Sorry lads, but that's an officer in need of a spine transplant in my opinion.

Please trust me when I say that this is not the issue. The CO is much more of a "I'll do what I want" type of guy and he really did want to support this event. It all came down to legal issues which is about the only line he is not willing to cross. I was disappointed too, but don't blame him.

MattWasHere

New guy
    Dec 5, 2012
    St Mary's
    Never shot either, but would love to. I heard it was a fun shotgun shoot thing, didn't realize it was in conjunction with the USPSA event.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Never shot either, but would love to. I heard it was a fun shotgun shoot thing, didn't realize it was in conjunction with the USPSA event.

USPSA is the three gun people. What they had was a pistol match with a shotgun side match. It was a good time had by all. USPSA seems to be halfway between IPSC and IDPA. IDPA is more stock guns and realistic scenario's than just Race Shooting.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Bowling pin shoot at Sanners saturday for TFT. Starts at 1000, safety brief at 0945. All you need is a gun and ammo and money or a toy. Not exactly like busting clays with a m9 but kinda close.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    If liability was the issue, then the CO should have left it at that, not put some ******** in there about "readiness."

I'm not impressed: if he's a standup guy, let his actions speak louder than his words.

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    USPSA is the three gun people. What they had was a pistol match with a shotgun side match. It was a good time had by all. USPSA seems to be halfway between IPSC and IDPA. IDPA is more stock guns and realistic scenario's than just Race Shooting.

3 Gun people? Well sort of. USPSA is the USA version of IPSC.

Please come out. You will love it!

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom