• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BellyAcher151

channel 28 Breaker!!
    Oct 14, 2011
    Salisbury
    Any info on the place would be appreciated.
    How far down nanticoke is it? We pass it going to get Grandbaby in Tyaskin but forget distance from Sby.
    I would like to sight in new AR.

Day's, hours, or a tele#

Thanks BA

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Dave retired to FL and the shop had been sold to another individual that couldn't obtain his FFL. Then mysteriously it burnt down while they where on vacation....no range down there anymore.

Notadrone

Mar 19, 2013
    west of Salisbury
    Dave retired to FL and the shop had been sold to another individual that couldn't obtain his FFL. Then mysteriously it burnt down while they where on vacation....no range down there anymore.

Where shop use to be there's a sign out front that says 10$ to sight in your gun. I have not stopped to inquire. I'm not sure how far down that is but I'd guess 15 miles. Left side

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    Are you guys talking about the place that's on the road (can't remember the name of it) that takes you to Roaring Point? I believe they used to sell guns and had an outdoor range then it was turned into a motorcycle store for awhile.

BellyAcher151

channel 28 Breaker!!
    Oct 14, 2011
    Salisbury
    Yeah I was just down there a couple weeks ago, the place is (I believe) the same location as the last guy. The charge like $10 to shoot.
    Well the sign say's "Gun sight in $10"
    My Daughter has been shooting there and said it was OK.

Smitch521

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2013
    Salisbury
    It used to be Dave's and then it was Tin Man customs. The range is still in use but not very often. We use it for ROTC occasionally.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Dave retired to chimney rock Colorado, not Florida. Has a gun shop out there now also.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    My bad. I had the wrong info. Dave and my pop who was a gunsmith did businiess long before I was old enough to shoot. He is a good guy I hope he does well out there. I miss his place back here and was sad when he closed.

Grey_Man

Feb 25, 2010
    Fruitland
    You could always go to Delmarva Sporting Clays in Mardela, if you don't mind driving a little farther. Great ranges with multiple distances. I think the cost is $20 to shoot and there is no time limit. Plus they are super nice there.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Just keep a good eye on your stuff up at Delmarva if its busy. I got ripped off a few months ago while I was down range setting up targets.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    It used to be Dave's and then it was Tin Man customs. The range is still in use but not very often. We use it for ROTC occasionally.

Thanks for the info. Bought several guns from Dave Watson but I had heard it had been closed down. Shot my first barrett there when dave was around.

Last edited:

BellyAcher151

channel 28 Breaker!!
    Oct 14, 2011
    Salisbury
    Been to DSC many times, the price of 2 paper targets must be getting up there to up the fee to $25.
    Hell thats one big reason for wanting to go to the other place.

I've been to DSC and was only able to shoot 1 round and Bolt malfunctioned on a new gun and was still charged $20 not even an offer to refund $$ when I went back in 5 minutes later.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Dave retired to chimney rock Colorado, not Florida. Has a gun shop out there now also.

Marshall's auctioned off his stuff years ago. It was one of the best.... no internet BS, lasted till 3 or 0400, I scored BIG, books, ammo, scopes and bullets. It's all long gone now. :sad20: His stupid sign out front went for 600 bucks, they REALLY pimped it. :lol2:

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Charlie Daniels played the Delmarva Convention Center on March 18th, 1976. Charlie wanted to go look at firearms and we took him to Dave's. He bought a thompson and a lever action winchester. We also took Charlie to shoot a war souvenir (a full auto ar) that one of the guys had gotten back from Viet Nam in the gravel pit off of Log Cabin Road. Full times back then.

BellyAcher151

channel 28 Breaker!!
    Oct 14, 2011
    Salisbury
    Ok so anyway, we drove by this past weekend to pick up grand daughter so I clocked it. It's 10 miles down Nanticoke rd. and no Tele#. posted. $10 to sight in a rifle and it looks like there's a 25yd, 50yd, and a 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom