• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    My kids and I love that show. They watch it all the time on Netflix without me though :( I went to their live show which was just ok. I don't really know what I was expecting though. I like the gun and car/truck myths the best. That wedge thing they put on the truck awhile ago was wicked.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Rawl......

61012e7e2aa68c887d7b36b3a661faae.jpg

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The Germans during WW2 had a trench machine gun that had a bent barrel so that they didn't have to poke there head up to shoot. They filled the barrels with sand under pressure before they bent them to keep the bore round . They worked very well ! And if I remember correctly they also made a bolt action rifle the same way.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    The Germans during WW2 had a trench machine gun that had a bent barrel so that they didn't have to poke there head up to shoot. They filled the barrels with sand under pressure before they bent them to keep the bore round . They worked very well ! And if I remember correctly they also made a bolt action rifle the same way.

Seen that before.... they used nothing in this case, just cherry red heat. Bore did not close, rather surprised me since I made many a aluminum and stainless aircraft tubing sections. Benders were a must for most serious bends.

Again, even on the 180 they only lost maybe 10% MV, pretty surprising.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Seen that before.... they used nothing in this case, just cherry red heat. Bore did not close, rather surprised me since I made many a aluminum and stainless aircraft tubing sections. Benders were a must for most serious bends.

Again, even on the 180 they only lost maybe 10% MV, pretty surprising.

I have not experience with this. I get the point of a bender (guessing it goes inside whatever you are bending and prevents the internal diameter from changing), but what is it/how come it it doesn't also collapse? Just trying to visualize it.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Here's two, 1st very similar if done right the radius won't crunch or flatten out. The other a bit more serious. Large stainless cannot be done unless maybe by Hercules.
    Back to the rifle... amazing it didn't close... maybe because of the heat???
    Some of the large powered ones have a jig that you place the old one in and it duplicates the original, kinda like a key machine.
    14018_240_1.jpg

2500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom