• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikemass

Mar 13, 2011
    Lusby, MD
    Officially heading down Wednesday the 30th weather permitting.

What sized lumber do they use for the target frames? Ill be sure to bring some extra for all my misses. :)

Can't wait to finally fire this rifle.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    This place was packed today! It's been 20 years since i've seen that many people at the Grove! Had a good time wish I could have spent a little more time shooting but it is what it is!

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I was going to but after the lines yesterday it scared me off. I'm doing load development and with the amount of people that were there just can't do it with the 1 hour time limit. I'm thinking about heading over to delmarva sporting clays tomorrow!

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Got there about 12:30 yesterday. Had to wait about 10 minutes for a bench. Stayed for an hour, got done what I wanted and left.

Some loudmouth was there who apparently works at Fred's was repeating that they are closing the range in March. Anyone heard about that?

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Some loudmouth was there who apparently works at Fred's was repeating that they are closing the range in March. Anyone heard about that?[/QUOTE]

That's news to me! Now they could be closing it down for repairs. That has happened in the past. Best way to find out is to call or I'll ask Dan next time I'm there.

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    Got there about 12:30 yesterday. Had to wait about 10 minutes for a bench. Stayed for an hour, got done what I wanted and left.

Some loudmouth was there who apparently works at Fred's was repeating that they are closing the range in March. Anyone heard about that?

Light skinned black dude?

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County

That's news to me! Now they could be closing it down for repairs. That has happened in the past. Best way to find out is to call or I'll ask Dan next time I'm there.[/QUOTE]

Last time I was down there before Thanksgiving I spoke with Dan and his plan at the time was to do repairs after Thanksgiving weekend. Baffles at 100 yards have been replaced

Light skinned black dude?

Yea that's him

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    You see a lot of tatacool umbrella there during the summer, why not have a tatacool propaine patio heater to take with you during the winter?

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    Anybody been there since the snow? Thinking about going there tomorow.
    I went to MG on Tues. the 26th and this is what it looked like! Glad I brought a shovel, because it was packed with snow. I was the only one there until I was getting ready to leave and a couple of other people showed up. I wanted to work up a load for my 1863 Sharps. Started with 2F black powder and it didn't group all that good at 50 yards. Switched to 3F and got much better groups as you can see on the targets. I then shot one off hand with 3F in the last picture, it was a good time by myself! 3F shoots much better!

Attachments

• IMG_0273(1).JPG
      IMG_0273(1).JPG
      54.6 KB · Views: 225
    • IMG_0275.JPG
      IMG_0275.JPG
      61.4 KB · Views: 227
    • IMG_0276.JPG
      IMG_0276.JPG
      43.3 KB · Views: 231
    • IMG_0277(1).JPG
      IMG_0277(1).JPG
      46.2 KB · Views: 226

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I went to MG on Tues. the 26th and this is what it looked like! Glad I brought a shovel, because it was packed with snow. I was the only one there until I was getting ready to leave and a couple of other people showed up. I wanted to work up a load for my 1863 Sharps. Started with 2F black powder and it didn't group all that good at 50 yards. Switched to 3F and got much better groups as you can see on the targets. I then shot one off hand with 3F in the last picture, it was a good time by myself! 3F shoots much better!

Finally made it there today. Last two benches still had snow on them

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom