• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    From DNR's FB page:

The shooting range at Myrtle Grove WMA will be closed until further notice due to a fire. Staff are currently assessing the damage. We apologize for any inconvenience and will do our best to get things back to order as soon as possible.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Yesterday afternoon fire units where alerted to a brush fire at myrtle grove shooting range. units found one of the baffles on fire and put it out.

it is thought someone shot a tracer round into the baffle and caused the fire.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yesterday afternoon fire units where alerted to a brush fire at myrtle grove shooting range. units found one of the baffles on fire and put it out.

it is thought someone shot a tracer round into the baffle and caused the fire.
    Saw that happen at Green Ridge only they set the berm on fire.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Was thinking.. more like dried leaves + hot bullet =

But it's possible someone used tracer round.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    One of the boys down Quantico did a from-the-hip mag dump with his brand new Barrett from the thousand yard line and landed several APITs on the newly seeded/strawed/curlexed 1,000 yard berm. Nice fire. Definitely enhanced our club's reputation.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I'm thinking tracer and/or incendiary. I've put hunderds of 'hot bullets' through dry leaves, dry wood, hay bales...nary a spark.
    I have seen a friend shoot some 223 tracers across a field and land in the woods 1000 yards down range and set the woods on fire.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I know of a 1.5mil club Indoor 100yd range burned down the first week in operation. This was done by firing 100 tracer rounds into the same spot in the shredded rubber backstop. 'Oooh, I didn't know they were tracer.' Idiot was a soldier. Many tracer rounds only ignite 100-150 yards out as to not give up your location.

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    So much for testing out the new piece today:lol2:Was planning on going there on my day off. We used to go a lot late 90’s-early 2000’s. Then work/life/moving too far from MG got in the way. It was awesome back then. We started going again 2 years ago even though we’ve been back in SoMd for a long while now, the steady ability to shoot for fun on friends farms became hit or miss, so MG was next thing. Man that place has changed in a rough way. People smoking dope on the line, loading mags, dry firing, handling firearms etc when range is cold and people are down range swapping targets. We only go now on weekdays and first thing in the morning if we can. Even Friday mornings have been chancy for us, whether or not the place is going to be already filled up first thing with tactifools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom