• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Myrtle Grove 4/18

Planning on bringing the Neighbor and my oldest son. Not sure on a time, but thinking 9am is good.

Anyone else plan on going?

I want to bring:

XDM 40
    CZ82
    Polish TT-33
    Mosin 91/30
    Yugo SKS
    Winchester Mod 94 30-30
    Shotgun - Remmy maybe??

Neighbor is bringing:

Winchester Mod 94 30-30
    Glock 40
    AR-15

Gonna be a fun day!!

Last edited:

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I have never been there before is it usually A long wait to shoot.

Ed

Usually not, but if there is, it moves pretty fast. A lot of guys will be sighting in shotguns/black powder. They do not shoot very long.

I just got a huge construction dumpster dropped off and the wife is bugging me to fill it on Saturday.

I may still sneak out early. :innocent0

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Usually not, but if there is, it moves pretty fast. A lot of guys will be sighting in shotguns/black powder. They do not shoot very long.

I just got a huge construction dumpster dropped off and the wife is bugging me to fill it on Saturday.

she'll be like why are you taking so long to fill this dumpster up...looks for your vehicle and it and you are gone...lol

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.

Is there a separate pistol and rifle range? Do I need a staple gun to hang targets? Can we move the target stands? Anything else I should know??

Thanks!!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Is there a separate pistol and rifle range? Do I need a staple gun to hang targets? Can we move the target stands? Anything else I should know??

Thanks!!

if you have an old pizza box or cardboard that is helpful and bring a roll of duct tape...i would love to go but fishing takes priority this sat...pistol and rifle shotgun in the same range....theres also a skeet range separated from the rifle range

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's

Thanks!!

Rifle and pistol shoot at the same range. Bring your own targets. They provide target stands which you can move to any distance within your lane.
    The target stands have construction mesh fencing on them and clothespins are provided to hang targets to it. Sometimes the stands get shot up pretty bad, so bring a piece of cardboard and stapler just in case. I was there Monday and the stands had just been rebuilt.

There are 8 benches (non-covered), 1 shooter per bench. There is a one shot per second rule, so leave the full-auto at home.:gun7:

The RO and the regulars (myself included) really hate buckshot and birdshot. It does a number on the stands, but is allowed this year.

If no RO is present, shooters must police themselves and usually do very well at it.

You must purchase a range permit for $20. that is good for a year if bought at renewal time which is I believe August. At that time you need to purchase a new one which is good for another year. (Cheapest deal around.)

If the lanes are full, there is a max time of 1 hr allowed at the benches. (to give everyone a turn) If not, shoot all day! :D

Also, there are no vending machines or restrooms of any kind. You will basically be in the woods. Bring what'cha need.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    What they all said, but if you're taking your son, be sure he has taken the hunter safety course if he's under 16. Saw a guy get a ticket for allowing his kid to shoot with out proof of the course.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    What they all said, but if you're taking your son, be sure he has taken the hunter safety course if he's under 16. Saw a guy get a ticket for allowing his kid to shoot with out proof of the course.

:thumbsup: This is a MD DNR range. They want all to understand safety, which is good, because I've seen some winners down there when the RO wasn't present.:sad20:

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Kid is 20 yo. Does he need the HSC?

No.

Shooting Range

An eight-station firearm shooting range, trap range, and three-station archery range are open for public use by permit. Rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader and pistol target shooting are permitted. The range is closed during deer firearms season.
    A permit is required for everyone age 18 and older. Shooters 17 and younger MUST have a hunter safety certificate and be accompanied by someone 18 or older with a valid range permit.
    Seasonal Range permits are $20 and can be obtained from any License Agent, Online, by mail using this form or over the phone at (800) 918-2870. Daily permits are $5 and may be obtained at the Myrtle Grove office only. Call (301) 743-5161 for additional information on obtaining a one day permit.
    Range Hours:
    March through October: Sunday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Monday from 1:00 pm to 6:pm and Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.

November through February: Sunday and Monday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm and Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
    The range will open at 9:00 am on any Monday that falls on a State Holiday.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    When do they open.

9:00am

Shooting Range

An eight-station firearm shooting range, trap range, and three-station archery range are open for public use by permit. Rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader and pistol target shooting are permitted. The range is closed during deer firearms season.
    A permit is required for everyone age 18 and older. Shooters 17 and younger MUST have a hunter safety certificate and be accompanied by someone 18 or older with a valid range permit.
    Seasonal Range permits are $20 and can be obtained from any License Agent, Online, by mail using this form or over the phone at (800) 918-2870. Daily permits are $5 and may be obtained at the Myrtle Grove office only. Call (301) 743-5161 for additional information on obtaining a one day permit.
    Range Hours:
    March through October: Sunday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Monday from 1:00 pm to 6:pm and Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.

November through February: Sunday and Monday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm and Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
    The range will open at 9:00 am on any Monday that falls on a State Holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom