• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Here's my summary from sitting in Del. Smigiel's / Del. McDermott's office all afternoon/evening:

1. People were coming and going all the time. Some new faces, some old. I'm amazed by the number of people getting involved with this. Taking off work. On short notice. I can't believe that this is the same group of gun owners who, just last year, couldn't be bothered to even muster a hundred folks for an Open Holster Rally.
    2. There are so many people working with us that are totally on top of things that its not even funny. Our rank-and-file people know this stuff better than the gun control legislators. And that's a huge asset.
    3. We really do crack ourselves up. Which is good, because I think our humor is what's keeping us all sane while listening to folks like Dumais make no sense whatsoever on the House floor.
    4. The Delegates on our side are incredible. They know their stuff, they're fired up, and they're standing there shoulder to shoulder with us like elected officials should.
    5. The Delegates' staffers are amazing. Manning phones, getting amendments in, etc. None of this would happen without them. Andi in particular. She's like MSI's Den Mother.
    6. If anyone ever questions the value of Shannon Alford (our NRA liaison) again, I will personally tell them off. Loudly. Seriously, I've seen her shit in action, and she's irreplaceable.
    7. Teratos' hair is really ****ing amazing. :innocent0
    8. Shannon's daughter is precious and I thank her for the opportunity to play toddler-wrangler for a few hours. Andi's daughter was a great backup toddler-wrangler, and has much potential as a writer.

9. At the end of the day, win or lose, we have all stood together for what we believe in, and nobody can take that away from us. Ever. We will likely be telling our kids about these times, so cherish them.

Unfortunately, I most likely can't make it down again this session. This makes me a sad panda. Keep up the fight, and lubricate some heinous for me. (Inside joke....)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It was good to meet you tonight. I have to agree with everything you have said (especially #7). We have a lot of good people on our side. I hope we can continue the turnouts in the future. God knows we are going to need it.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    thanks Hops I second the Shannon comment, it has been an honor to work with all of you through out this session, and we will continue to work until this bill is defeated/repealed. We are an amazing group of grassroot citizen lobbyists and our efforts are what has made this take so long. Its also important to note that, this bill hasnt passed yet. so keep your chins up, get donor lists on all our opposition and email and fax them to them, make sure they know its in our crosshairs to make them lose, and we know how to keep on target. Start this in the Senate also. Suit up folks the next 72 hours is gonna be really interesting. Oh and I love teratos' hair, I feel safe at night knowing that its keeping a watchful eye over all of us.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Three cheers for Patrick, Shannon, and all the patriots.

And a special three cheers and a hip hip hooray for Teratos' hair!

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    It was good to meet you tonight. I have to agree with everything you have said (especially #7). We have a lot of good people on our side. I hope we can continue the turnouts in the future. God knows we are going to need it.

And your hair is great! Nice trim!

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Wow! I went to the "War Room" after the 2A chop-fest ended. It was like going backstage after a Zeppelin concert and hanging with the band! I got to meet Delegate Smegiel, the guy who restored my faith in possibility after the bashing it took when I endured the senate hearings. Shannon the super model with a brain, resiting Shakespeare, that has made every dollar I've ever sent to NRA totally worth it. Plus others who's names escape me, because I'm bad with names, but have been major players in this war against the Second Amendment. I was humbled in your presences and I thank you or your efforts!

Then there were the celebrities like the testa rosa that's always being interviewed by the press and is in all the videos on the net. And the gang-banger that's going to become a delegate or senator 2014 as soon as he decides who's seat he wants.

Not to mention, I met the Hair tonight! And Teratos too. They make a good team.

It's 3:AM. I guess I should crash.

Why Try

Mar 4, 2013
    Frederick area
    I'm able to be down there today but where is our "war room"? How have parking decks 4 and 5 been in the afternoon? It will be 1330-1400 till I can make it. Last time I walked from 7 and I think the statium walk might of been shorter.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    I'm able to be down there today but where is our "war room"? How have parking decks 4 and 5 been in the afternoon? It will be 1330-1400 till I can make it. Last time I walked from 7 and I think the statium walk might of been shorter.

Please bring a printed copy of donor lists for Speaker Busch's, Vice Chair Dumais', Chairman Vallero's, as well as any senator from the list who voted for the bill if you can. Im working on this as well, we will be bringing these to them, and let them know the phone campaign that has been hitting their offices will switch to their corporate donors until some meanful changes are made to 281 or it is thrown out completely.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Excellent post. Thanks for taking the fight to them. Those of us that could not be there can never say thank you enough. Next HOCO get together, you won't have to buy a beverage.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County

The "War Room" is in the office of Dels. Smigiel and McDermott, room 323 (I believe) in the house office building. Shannon (NRA rep), or Andi (Smigiel's chief of staff), or someone from the forums here (Kurt, George, Brian, etc.) should be able to help you out with what to do.

(Yes, I prefer real names to screen names. Sue me.)

I had no problem parking in the deck right behind the Senate Office Bulding around 2 yesterday so you should be fine. Definitely closer than the stadium.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Here's my summary from sitting in Del. Smigiel's / Del. McDermott's office all afternoon/evening:

1. People were coming and going all the time. Some new faces, some old. I'm amazed by the number of people getting involved with this. Taking off work. On short notice. I can't believe that this is the same group of gun owners who, just last year, couldn't be bothered to even muster a hundred folks for an Open Holster Rally.
    2. There are so many people working with us that are totally on top of things that its not even funny. Our rank-and-file people know this stuff better than the gun control legislators. And that's a huge asset.
    3. We really do crack ourselves up. Which is good, because I think our humor is what's keeping us all sane while listening to folks like Dumais make no sense whatsoever on the House floor.
    4. The Delegates on our side are incredible. They know their stuff, they're fired up, and they're standing there shoulder to shoulder with us like elected officials should.
    5. The Delegates' staffers are amazing. Manning phones, getting amendments in, etc. None of this would happen without them. Andi in particular. She's like MSI's Den Mother.
    6. If anyone ever questions the value of Shannon Alford (our NRA liaison) again, I will personally tell them off. Loudly. Seriously, I've seen her shit in action, and she's irreplaceable.
    7. Teratos' hair is really ****ing amazing. :innocent0
    8. Shannon's daughter is precious and I thank her for the opportunity to play toddler-wrangler for a few hours. Andi's daughter was a great backup toddler-wrangler, and has much potential as a writer.

9. At the end of the day, win or lose, we have all stood together for what we believe in, and nobody can take that away from us. Ever. We will likely be telling our kids about these times, so cherish them.

Unfortunately, I most likely can't make it down again this session. This makes me a sad panda. Keep up the fight, and lubricate some heinous for me. (Inside joke....)

Sometimes the fight alone is worth the fight.

This fight is undoubtedly one of the highlights of my time on earth.

And I am not near done yet.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Today's Session? Time? Need bodies?

No word yet on when the bill goes back to the floor, but we always need bodies. And not just when the bill is on the floor, there are lots of little things that need to get done so stop by the War Room any time you can.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom