• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    The safeties were to meet the ATF interpretation of "sporting use" for handguns or something. There is a number list for features imports have to meet in order to fit the sporting use test as I unserstand it. For the Toks suddenly about 2004 or so the ATF said since they have a barrel shorter than blah blah blah, and since the sights are not adjustable target sights...or whatever....the gun could only be importable if it had a manual safety lever installed.

By the way, what is the pencil test? I only know of the pencil test for the CZ52 hammer release lever.

You're right. I'm mixing up my 7.62x25s: the pencil test is for the de-cocker of the cz-52.

I know that you already know that if you half cock the Tokarev, it locks up the trigger and you can't rack the slide. I think that serves as a superior safety to the crudely added import one. With the import safety, I believe you can rack the slide.

I don't have a Tokarev. Now that you have one, please talk me out of getting one or two.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I think its J&G or SOG or one of them, It sounds like your deal is better anyhow,these were 199 if you buy 2 and it was like another 20$ for just one. they had a similar deal on yugo tokarevs too I believe,but I guess they arent C&R are they so you would have to have it transferred?

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    You're right. I'm mixing up my 7.62x25s: the pencil test is for the de-cocker of the cz-52.

I know that you already know that if you half cock the Tokarev, it locks up the trigger and you can't rack the slide. I think that serves as a superior safety to the crudely added import one. With the import safety, I believe you can rack the slide.

I don't have a Tokarev. Now that you have one, please talk me out of getting one or two.

if you have a hair on your ass you would get a matching pair(I dont so I only bought one)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie

Damn, no I did not know about the half cock slide/trigger lock combination....that is cool to learn!!!
    And yes I agree the half cock safety is better safety than the crappy add on safety.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I think its J&G or SOG or one of them, It sounds like your deal is better anyhow,these were 199 if you buy 2 and it was like another 20$ for just one. they had a similar deal on yugo tokarevs too I believe,but I guess they arent C&R are they so you would have to have it transferred?
    I got mine from Century and the "good with cracked stock" was about $20 cheaper, but I figured it would be a waste to order a gun for that price and not be able to shoot it sonn thereafter so I went with a "good" Tok.

Bad thing is though that I got no accessories with this and no extra mag, so I think I got just what I paid for of course.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    If I take the safety out, it just leaves a hole and does not affect operation, right?

correct (FYI) The master link looking clip is actually what retains the safety. Not aware of this I actually pressed out the tiny pin that attaches the saftey lever to its shaft :sad20: The hole in the frame ended up looking worse IMHO. So I ended up reinstalling it :rolleyes:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Very nice gun, I have one too.

In a pinch you can remove the safety and fill the hole with JB Weld but you have to tape off things to get it to look correct.

You can alos grind it down in the off position and pin it.

You could also just have the safety downsized a little and have the friction points polished for easier activation.

Again, nice collection you have there.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

Attachments

• long-second-toe.jpg
      long-second-toe.jpg
      6.6 KB · Views: 63

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    :lol::lol2:
    thats good!! Toks looooook Great!!

I've seen worse...and in about 4 hours will probably see worse once I get to work. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE, STOP BEING FAT AND NOT TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF. YOU'RE GOING TO DIE A DISGUSTING AND HORRIBLY SLOW DEATH. You also make my day at work harder...

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I got mine from Century and the "good with cracked stock" was about $20 cheaper, but I figured it would be a waste to order a gun for that price and not be able to shoot it sonn thereafter so I went with a "good" Tok.

Bad thing is though that I got no accessories with this and no extra mag, so I think I got just what I paid for of course.

i got both mine from jg sales in "very good condition" at 199 apiece. shipping was something like 34.99 for both to ship 2 day ups. Decent finish, clean actions, a little cosmoline. the only problem I found was that one gun didn't have as much mag ejecting power as the other.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    i got both mine from jg sales in "very good condition" at 199 apiece. shipping was something like 34.99 for both to ship 2 day ups. Decent finish, clean actions, a little cosmoline. the only problem I found was that one gun didn't have as much mag ejecting power as the other.
    My total was $212 shipped (second day air). I think it was $199 for the "good" and $13 for the shipping, but as you can see it is in great shape and the bore is damn good. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom