• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Sen Mukulski responded to an email I sent out in support of the 2nd amendment. She replied saying she is a supporter of the 2nd amendment then listed all the gun bans she wants to enact.

This was my reply:

I appreciate you writing back to me. I have read your views and understand your position. You say you support the 2nd amendment yet nowhere in your statement did you emphasize how you will help law abiding citizens buy and use guns. If you believe in the 2nd amendment I urge you to increase gun ownership in our wonderful country and support laws to protect law abiding gun owners like the castle doctrine and the right to carry concealed handguns.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Oh come on, you know , it's kind of like supporting gay marriage, but being in favor of registering gay people, forcing them to get fingerprinted, and making them take Catholic catechism classes. What's so difficult to understand about that?

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Oh come on, you know , it's kind of like supporting gay marriage, but being in favor of registering gay people, forcing them to get fingerprinted, and making them take Catholic catechism classes. What's so difficult to understand about that?

Dude so on point! Talk talk and talk. That is all the democrats are. I am hoping some of them lose their jobs in the mid terms. These fellas are terrible.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Barbara,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, there are NO “assault weapons” on our streets. In 2011 there were less than 350 crimes committed with an “assault weapon” in the United States, out of a population of 313 million. Simultaneously, in 2011, 92% of all firearm related crime happened with a handgun.

I am a registered Democrat, I am wealthy, and I do not like to hear falsehoods.

We do not have a problem with semi-automatic (one trigger pull, one shot) copies of military assault rifles (military assault rifles are also known as machine guns). In fact, given our population, we don’t statistically have a firearm problem at all.

While it is true that population centers over 250,000 people require tighter control on our Second Amendment rights, it is also true that members of our party seem to think that banning firearms will somehow make the world a better place.

It will not.

I strongly oppose ANY attempts to ban sporting copies of military firearms, especially those used in the National Match and Service Matches.

This issue is a LIGHTING ROD issue, and MANY of my fellow Democrats seem happy to lie to themselves about poll numbers.

If our party continues down the path of alienating 54% of the public (that’s the part of the population that owns firearms that we *know* about), we WILL lose severely during the two year elections.

Nothing I have quoted in this message is unsubstantiated, in fact, all of the numbers come from the FBI.

Remember, it’s all politics if less than 350 people in a country of 313 million people we killed with civilian semi-automatic copies of a military machine guns (aka assault rifles) in 2011.

The email below is so blatantly inaccurate that it defies logic; the person that wrote the email below clearly doesn’t know anything about firearms, or has chosen to misrepresent the facts / truth. Please stop with the rhetoric and think of actual ways to make a difference.

Thank you for contacting me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom