• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sep 9, 2012
    I started out years ago polishing aluminum... car parts, motorcycle parts... pretty much anything. This was my first gun that I did the slide on. I think it came out pretty good.

IMG_5368.jpg

IMG_5309.jpg

IMG_5309.jpg

Old .357 I did for a customer

Pretty dull
    IMG_5551_zpscb3cb61b.jpg

IMG_5559_zpsa4683da8.jpg

Beemer

Sep 12, 2012
    I hope you're going to share your secrets and technique in detail. I havent read thru all the posts yet, but if you havent, please do. Now to the other replies in this post.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    I missed your post with your address ? I have a nice sf20 10mm glock slide that is jealous now , so how so I send to you !:D

Sep 9, 2012
    How long will they stay that high luster and what do you use to clean them, I might be interested in getting on done

Stainless steel is pretty strong, but if you holster the gun and such, expect to see some marring in the finish. I used mother's and if the gun is in any sort of area where it has constant moisture then you can use the never dull, but it's pretty slick to hold on to.

The barrel was also done, but it stays (or should stay) oiled, so rust isn't an issue... there is a noticable difference in the ease of pulling the slide back with a polished barrel as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom