• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I agree it's normal for the PVD finish but it stands out differently from other finishes. The wear appearance is mitigated if you grease it up right away. I mistakenly used just oil and it showed up right away.

Good Luck to you. You obviously know everything even though you don't own one.

You're right. I don't. But I'll base my decision to purchase one in the coming weeks based on personal experience with a friend's and the experience of other MDS members I consider a helluva lot more credible than a bunch of whiners on Sigtalk...and yourself. Post pics of yours or kindly GTFO out of this thread.

lkrose78

Nov 18, 2016
    AA County
    ...It's the best sub $2k pistol I could find without doing a bunch of customization...

I'm having a hard time justifying $700 for a handgun let alone close to that amount.

Without sounding stupid, again; how much do you all have invested in your collections? Honest, I'm curious.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I'm having a hard time justifying $700 for a handgun let alone close to that amount.

Without sounding stupid, again; how much do you all have invested in your collections? Honest, I'm curious.

The Sig Legion P226 SAO sells for around $1200. While I agree that's a high price to pay for a 9mm pistol, it has been a rare experience for me to find any pistol I can shoot better the first couple of times on the range with it. A Sig is a Sig. They're not cheap and they never have been. Sure, there are other guns that perform on the same par for 50% of the price (CZ) but Sig has maintained a reputation of quality, reliability and accuracy that other manufacturers can only dream about. They're damn good and I would never discourage anyone from purchasing a Sig pistol. I've owned more than a dozen and all have been great.

I don't have a hard time justifying the price when the performance is like you see in the photos. That was my second time shooting a Legion 226 SAO. The first time outdoors. The Legion's sights are probably the best I've ever seen come stock on a pistol. The trigger in incredible. It's in a class all by itself. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the slide release. It's a little awkward for me but that's because I've been shooting only CZ's for the past year or so. I'm sure I would get used to it.

Your second question about how much we have in our collections is totally relative. The dollar amount would probably vary from a few hundred bucks to $100k+. I wouldn't even hazard a guess about how much I've invested (and lost) in my own gun collection. It really isn't a consideration for me. The joy and fellowship of the shooting sports outweighs any cost for me.

Your mileage may vary. :D

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I couldn't find one with a safety to try so I got the DA/SA. I thought the triggers were the same and was told as such by Sig CS. However, they aren't the same. I don't know if that matters to you but might be something to think about.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Stoveman,

Here is a link to the recommendation of the lubrication of the rails. It is from the guy who makes the trigger for the DA/SA Legion.

https://grayguns.com/lubrication-of-sig-sauer-pistol-rails/

He recommends Brian Enos slide glide. It is really expensive and am not so sure its any better than any other specialized weapon grease. I was lucky to be able to try a little of that stuff and found it gets really loose after it heats up. It started to drizzle down the grip after a while at the range. I got some Mil-Comm 25 that Sig used to send in the box with the gun and it stays in place. They have an agreement with Lucas Oil now so they include that in the box. I'm sure there are many good ones but If the Greyguns guy says to grease it up then I wouldn't argue with an expert like that.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I have a Sig P226 DA/SA as well as the Legion version of the P226 DA/SA (both 9mm). The original Sig was my first ever handgun and was my favorite for a very long time. But the Legion P226 is in a category of its own and is now my favorite firearm. It shoots great and I love the trigger and the sights. It is now my choice for the firearm I keep in a safe next to my bed. It is fantastic.

Cal68

a1911guy

Jul 24, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Just bought a P226 Legion DA/SA at the Dundalk gun show today. It felt great in the hand. My first Sig so I'm very excited to get to shoot it next week. I'm not going to abuse it but I certainly won't baby it either. It should be able to hold up to regular civilian range use and not have any issues. If it does, I'll report it but I have high hopes!

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Just bought a P226 Legion DA/SA at the Dundalk gun show today. It felt great in the hand. My first Sig so I'm very excited to get to shoot it next week. I'm not going to abuse it but I certainly won't baby it either. It should be able to hold up to regular civilian range use and not have any issues. If it does, I'll report it but I have high hopes!

Congratulations! I don't think you can go wrong with any version of the P226 but the Legion is a very nice upgrade.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I have just over 2000 rounds through mine and haven't had one misfire. A friend of mine bought one at the same time and he has well over 5k rounds through his and he states the same.

Enjoy...

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Stoveman,

Here is a link to the recommendation of the lubrication of the rails. It is from the guy who makes the trigger for the DA/SA Legion.

https://grayguns.com/lubrication-of-sig-sauer-pistol-rails/

He recommends Brian Enos slide glide. It is really expensive and am not so sure its any better than any other specialized weapon grease. I was lucky to be able to try a little of that stuff and found it gets really loose after it heats up. It started to drizzle down the grip after a while at the range. I got some Mil-Comm 25 that Sig used to send in the box with the gun and it stays in place. They have an agreement with Lucas Oil now so they include that in the box. I'm sure there are many good ones but If the Greyguns guy says to grease it up then I wouldn't argue with an expert like that.

I've always used what comes with the gun from Sig and never had any issues. Lots of rounds through lots of Sigs....

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I've always used what comes with the gun from Sig and never had any issues. Lots of rounds through lots of Sigs....
    Oh geeze sorry. I thought you were the one making your first purchase. It was lkrose78.

Anyway, the GreyGuns site has a lot of free interesting information for new owners.

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    This upcoming purchase will be my first, and I honestly believe it will be my only purchase, but that isn't to say I can't end up like yawl.

Yea I was o ly really interested in ONE purchase THEN! I figured my husband had a variety of toys I didn't need my own... WRONG!!! The only reason I still only have one is bc I have apparently found something I am high maintenance when it comes to guns and like the expensive stuff.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    From our Twitter page

29607d5791cea43cd772f5ac8a1582e2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357