• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I just picked up a ruger american rifle in 308 win. Can't wait to take this thing out. Feels so nice. Any other owners let me know how you like it.
    Update pics later

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    Jealous. Noticed a few at Bass Pro in Ashland today passing through and almost scooped one up. Congrats. A lot of people are giving these rave reviews and are especially happy with the quality for the price.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I read great reviews and for $357 at walmart cant beat that at all! That is what pushed me to buy it it feels so nice and when you register it ruger gives you the choice of 2 ruger brand cheek weld packs for the stock. Good deal! will post pics soon. Forgot to before i put it away and is to late to dig it out lol.
    I figured i would snatch it up i saw the same rifle at a gun shop for over $430 i was like wtf.

Last edited:

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Here is a pic! I will be getting the ruger cheek riser for it soon.
    photo2_zps7cdfc6a3.jpg

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Great pick up! Congrats!
    Fingered one at a local shop a few months ago when I was in the market.
    Felt really really nice on the shoulder. Came down to the Ruger and a Stevens 200. Only reason I chose the Stevens 200 was price.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    This rifle feels so good i also love the adjustable trigger. Cant beat the price! Awaiting some ammo from cabelas then out i go!

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Negative no range report yet actually look what mr brown truck brought me today! Nikong Prostaff 4-12x40mm With BDC reticle. I got a nice price on it of $183 shipped and i even got an extra $10 off from paypal :D
    photo5_zpsd38ea8a8.jpg

And The end Result.
    photo6_zps46b8b4bd.jpg

Range Report soon! I need to get time to take her out! I can't wait.

justjcarr

Nov 19, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    Pure sex, on a budget. Nice addition! The American is definitely on my list, Ruger is putting out some great affordable products!

Enjoy!

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Congrats! I'm still second guessing myself for not picking one up when I had it in my hands around thanksgiving. Seemed like a good buy for the price.

Ryan

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Congrats! I'm still second guessing myself for not picking one up when I had it in my hands around thanksgiving. Seemed like a good buy for the price.

Ryan

It's never to late! They still have them lol. The cheek pad you get free from ruger when you register the the warranty. which is kind of neat. the rifle feels solid and the adjustable trigger is great! The butt pad is suppose to be real nice also i will find out soon as i get some time to hit the range! Between the rifle and the scope i have about $560 give or take a few. And it seems to be a nice setup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom