• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Sweet.

Not to Jack but what buffer are you running? Had my 300 blackout (cheap SOTA upper) yesterday and kept getting failures to extract followed by a second cartride. The gas key seems staked ok, so I think I am running to heavy a buffer (spikes T2) for 220 grain rem green box loads.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Very nice. How does the NV work with the ACOG? I am thinking of running something very similar. Would you go with that setup if you were doing it again?

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Pray tell, where are the Hogs you plan on decimating with that fantastic piece of Noveske barreled art?

I have family in East Texas, but I'd love to go somewhere within a few hours of here.

EDIT: Never mind...I saw your response in the other .300 thread.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Sweet.

Not to Jack but what buffer are you running? Had my 300 blackout (cheap SOTA upper) yesterday and kept getting failures to extract followed by a second cartride. The gas key seems staked ok, so I think I am running to heavy a buffer (spikes T2) for 220 grain rem green box loads.

I am running the Spikes T2 buffer, no problems.

Very nice. How does the NV work with the ACOG? I am thinking of running something very similar. Would you go with that setup if you were doing it again?

Works very well. The only complaint I have is the field of view is limited at night with the ACOG. It works great out 40 yards + but if you get something close up at night the Biden concept doesn't work (obviously). The NV is capable of a wider field of view but the ACOG limits it. Which makes acquiring a target up close a bit more challenging.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Pray tell, where are the Hogs you plan on decimating with that fantastic piece of Noveske barreled art?

I have family in East Texas, but I'd love to go somewhere within a few hours of here.

EDIT: Never mind...I saw your response in the other .300 thread.

Del Rio, but would love to find something reasonable on the East Coast to hunt. Any suggestions?

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I am interested in doing some hog hunting, I was wondering if you had a location or contacts?

Thanks
    Don

Don,

I hunt on a friends property in TX. I know there are quite a few places in GA, NC, SC and even PA. There are a few guys on this forum that hunt these places. I have even heard of a few reports of hogs in Northern VA, Cullpepper area.

Donald1818

Aug 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    I have shot a few hogs with the 130gr Barnes TTSX and it is devastating with 17.3 gr of Lil Gun. Get about 2100 FPS out of my 16" and 2000 FPS with the 8.2" Blackout.

what would you say is the approx size of the hogs you put down with the 130gr?

Id like to have a general idea in my head when I actually do go, am I aiming for small, medium or large animals with that grain?

some youtube videos i have viewed boast a 200gr or higher for hogs 100# or more?

Ill make note of your load data, that sounds pretty close to what i was guessing to work with in the 300BO.

Just got a few # of lil'gun a few weeks ago.

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom