Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    WWII in the Pacific
    US Springfield 1903A3 w/ M1905 bayonet
    US Springfield M1 Garand w/ M1 bayonet
    US Winchester M1 Carbine w/ M4 bayonet
    US Colt 1911 w/ M1916 holster
    Japanese Arisaka Type 99 w/ Type 30 bayonet

* I am aware that no 1903A3s saw combat in the Pacific. (Edit: I just learned Seabees used 03A3s on Tarawa)
    ** I am also aware that M1 carbines with Type 3 barrel bands and M4 bayonets never saw combat in the Pacific

If anyone has a 1939-1943 Mosin-Nagant (close to original), or a 1939-1944 Karabiner 98k (non-capture with Waffenamt stamps) they want to part with; I am in the market.

Attachments

• WWII Pacific Group Photo.jpg
      WWII Pacific Group Photo.jpg
      54.8 KB · Views: 367

smileycloser

Apr 7, 2022
    nice collection so far.
    i remember my father-in-law telling me he carried an m1carbine in the Philippines.
    when he got out, they offered him to take it home, but he declined.

DeadInside

MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2022
    SOMD
    Beautiful guns thanks for posting.

Trepang I don’t know a lot about WWII guns is the stock (color and distinctive grain) on that M1 Carbine typical? That’s a really interesting gun and eventually I would like to get one and yours has a bit of a different look to the stock then others I have seen.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I wouldn’t be so sure about no ‘03A3 rifles being used in the Pacific…maybe not too many. While it’s missed in movies and tv shows where Garands, Carbines and Thompson’s are ubiquitous…it was common for Army squads to have one soldier issued an ‘03 for grenade launching duties…with the big buildup of the Army to invade Japan it seems likely the ‘03A3 was or at least would have been well represented.

That’s just conjecture on my part to be sure.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Since posting it I have seen pictures of Seabees with 1903A3s on Tarawa.

The stock on the M1 Carbine is new. That is a Carbine I had Fulton Armory build for me out of a WWII USGI Winchester receiver, bolt and trigger group. The stock and barrel are new.

DeadInside

MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2022
    SOMD
    Stock on Carbine

Since posting it I have seen pictures of Seabees with 1903A3s on Tarawa.

The stock on the M1 Carbine is new. That is a Carbine I had Fulton Armory build for me out of a WWII USGI Winchester receiver, bolt and trigger group. The stock and barrel are new.

Got it, that explains it thanks. When I am read to “pull the trigger” on one I will check out Fulton Armory. I will be looking for a “shooter” and always appreciate nice looking wood.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Circa 1990 I recall being in a S CA Long Beach area gunshop that made Tanker Garands. Fulton? I recall a 12 ga revolver shotgun on display and other neat stuff.

Anyhow they had racks of surplus bolt action Winchester and Remington mil rifles (no scope), all kinds of other stuff, and an open 55-gallon barrel full of trench guns. The rifles and shotguns looked and functioned like they were rode hard and put away wet.

I passed on buying anything.:banghead:

Good Luck on the trench gun OP; we may be competing!:D:D:D

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    WWII in the Pacific
    US Springfield 1903A3 w/ M1905 bayonet
    US Springfield M1 Garand w/ M1 bayonet
    US Winchester M1 Carbine w/ M4 bayonet
    US Colt 1911 w/ M1916 holster
    Japanese Arisaka Type 99 w/ Type 30 bayonet

* I am aware that no 1903A3s saw combat in the Pacific. (Edit: I just learned Seabees used 03A3s on Tarawa)
    ** I am also aware that M1 carbines with Type 3 barrel bands and M4 bayonets never saw combat in the Pacific

If anyone has a 1939-1943 Mosin-Nagant (close to original), or a 1939-1944 Karabiner 98k (non-capture with Waffenamt stamps) they want to part with; I am in the market.
    Nice gaggle

Howd you come by the Winchester? I’d say that was lucky. Been looking a long time myself as my Garand is Winchester. Found one this past week. SOB was pretty darned proud of it too. Now, so am I.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Nice gaggle

Howd you come by the Winchester? I’d say that was lucky. Been looking a long time myself as my Garand is Winchester. Found one this past week. SOB was pretty darned proud of it too. Now, so am I.
    The Winchester carbine I had Fulton Armory build for me. Winchester receiver with some USGI parts and some FA parts.

I have another but it’s an Inland that was turned over to the Bavarian Rural Police after the war.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Nice collection!
    See me if you want to add a few more Japanese rifles and carbines as I'm putting together the next batch to go to auction and there will be more than a few Japanese examples. Thinking a nice Type 38 rifle or carbine and a Type I "Carcano".

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    The Winchester carbine I had Fulton Armory build for me. Winchester receiver with some USGI parts and some FA parts.

I have another but it’s an Inland that was turned over to the Bavarian Rural Police after the war.
    Aye. Copy.

From what the fella said, mine came straight out the door from CMP in OH. Prior to that is anyone’s guess.

Last edited:

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Aye. Copy.

From what the fella said, mine came straight out the door from CMP in OH. Prior to that is anyone’s guess.
    My three, top down:

1943 Inland - Bavarian Rural Police Marked. From the CMP with hang tag CMP receipt and COA.

Fulton Armory / 1943 Winchester - wether it's a "copy" or not is debatable. The way I look at it, it was re-arsenaled by Fulton Armory instead of a Government Armory. If it's a copy so is any that have been overhauled and had any of their original 1942-1944 parts changed out.

2021 Auto Ordnance which is most definitely a copy. Reliable (with USGI magazines) and accurate for what it is. I like it that I can bang around with it and not worry about damaging or breaking a more expensive piece of history.

M1 Carbines_All_Three_10Mar23.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 10.47.42 AM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom