• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    I found my first M1 Carbine I ever owned sitting in dad's garage the other day. I figured I'd bring it home and show it off. I think I was around 5 or 6 when I got it. :D DSC_0263 (Small).JPG
    Neat things about the Crossman M1: The op handle worked and moved the BB fill port cover. The fill port is up near my thumb in the pic.
    DSC_0264 (Small).JPG
    Another neat feature: The mag was detachable and served as a... well a mag... full of BB's to be poured into the fill port as needed.
    DSC_0265 (Small).JPG

I always liked shooting dad's M1 (Quality Hardware w/ a RockOla barrel before anyone asks) but I hate paying the crazy price for ammo lately. So I figured I'd make a 10/22 M1 tribute.

The stock kit came from Sarco for $99 and included the sling and oiler and free shipping. Took just about a week to arrive. It was a drop in fit.
    DSC_0266 (Small).JPG
    The Tech Sights finished it off for now. Thinking about a bayonet lug later maybe.
    DSC_0267 (Small).JPG
    Here's a pic w/ a actual M1 Carbine for comparison.
    DSC_0268 (Small).JPG
    I did have a hell of a time getting the front sight off the 10/22 and loosened up the stock in the process. The factory stock screw is just a tad too long for the new stock after beating it around a little. A thin plastic washer under the screw head took care of that problem. The sling needed to have the metal end flattened in the vice some to allow it to be threaded around the oiler as the cutout in the stock is tight. Overall I think it looks cool - but not tacti-cool.

Attachments

• DSC_0262 (Small).JPG
      DSC_0262 (Small).JPG
      42 KB · Views: 115

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Cool BB gun, and a strikingy accurate M1 carbine tribute gun.

The others are even nicer.

I bought my son a M1 Carbine for Christmas last year, but you have a point about the ammo, quite expensive to shoot.

woodrow76

May 27, 2011
    Cecil-tucky
    Cool guns. I did the exact same thing with my 10/22. Drop in stock with sling and oiler, and Tech sights. Even with my M&P15-22, my friends usually grab the "M1 Carbine" 10/22 first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom