• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Yes, the admission has increased by $2.00 (from $8.00 to $10.00) as per MY request with the promoter, yes, MY request. There is DAMNED GOOD REASON for this. The $2.00 increase is being donated to the MLFDA (Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealer's Association) of which I'm on the Board Of Directors, and also MSI (Maryland Shall Issue), both of which need to raise the funds for the impending lawsuit against the State's SB281 (AGC and NRA are also helping with this). We ALL NEED to pull together and pitch in for this if we are to have any hope or chance in keeping our 2nd Amendment Rights in this State. The passage of SB281 earlier this year is only the tip of that big iceberg as I have received information (not to be revealed or by whom) that SB281 is only the beginning so long as the current powers that be, and like minded successors, maintain their positions in this State. If any law abiding gun owning pro 2A MD resident has a gripe about the $2.00 admission increase at the MD gun shows for this donation, perhaps you should reconsider your position about the $2.00 increase. After reconsideration you still have a gripe about it, perhaps you should just turn all of your guns in at that time. We have a battle going on in our FRONT yard, not just our back yard, but our FRONT yard and we MUST do everything we can within our powers to win, or at least to minimalize the impact/damage. Again, if you have a bitch about the $2.00 increase of admission, then blame it on ME, that's right, ME, as it was I that brought this up to the promoter and asked for his cooperation in this matter.

To further update the SB281 lawsuit funding, Shooters Discount will donate $2.00 to the MLFDA for every gun we sell at the show this weekend.:D

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I really can't understand why anyone bitches about the gun show admission prices. If I want to go some where I would never let 10 bucks keep me from going. If someone has a problem forking over 10 bucks to get in then they probably can't afford anything inside anyway.

I tell you what, I will be there with some very nice antique firearms for sale and I will knock $10 off of any
    purchase over $1000. :D

Anitque arms! Right up my alley! (Well, I like 'em all, but especially vintage firearms). So you have a table? Where do you expect to be located?

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Not sure yet. I am going to show up early and hope they will rent me a table like I did at Timonium. Silverado does not let you register online w/credit card and I did not get form downloaded and mailed in with payment in time so hopefully be able to get a table in the morning.
    This is what I have:
    *US R Johnson 1843 Percussion Pistol .54cal.
    *Savage Navy Civil War Revolver Ser#1195 .36cal.
    *Remington Elliott Ring Trigger 4-Shot Derringer .32cal.
    *Remington Smoot New Model No.3 1878-1888 .38cal.
    *S&W First Model "Baby Russian" 1876 .38cal.
    *S&W Mod. 1.5 2nd Issue Revolver .32cal.
    *S&W Mod. 1 2nd Issue Revolver 1860-1868 .22cal.
    *Ethan&Allen Eighth Issue Side Hammer Revolver 1858-1862 .22cal.
    *American Standard Tool Co. 7-shot "Defender" Revolver .22cal.
    *3 Belgian Pocket/Boot Percussion Pistols 1840-1860 .45-.52cal.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Not sure yet. I am going to show up early and hope they will rent me a table like I did at Timonium. Silverado does not let you register online w/credit card and I did not get form downloaded and mailed in with payment in time so hopefully be able to get a table in the morning.
    This is what I have:
    *US R Johnson 1843 Percussion Pistol .54cal.
    *Savage Navy Civil War Revolver Ser#1195 .36cal.
    *Remington Elliott Ring Trigger 4-Shot Derringer .32cal.
    *Remington Smoot New Model No.3 1878-1888 .38cal.
    *S&W First Model "Baby Russian" 1876 .38cal.
    *S&W Mod. 1.5 2nd Issue Revolver .32cal.
    *S&W Mod. 1 2nd Issue Revolver 1860-1868 .22cal.
    *Ethan&Allen Eighth Issue Side Hammer Revolver 1858-1862 .22cal.
    *American Standard Tool Co. 7-shot "Defender" Revolver .22cal.
    *3 Belgian Pocket/Boot Percussion Pistols 1840-1860 .45-.52cal.

I was hoping for some long guns...but that is an interesting sounding inventory you have there. Unfortunately, I forgot an obligation to teach Hunter's Safety at the Club this Saturday! Hmm, maybe I can get there Sunday. Post if you get a table and will be there Sunday. I'll look for ya if I can get there. if nothing else, it's always great to put a face to an MDS name!

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I was hoping for some long guns...but that is an interesting sounding inventory you have there. Unfortunately, I forgot an obligation to teach Hunter's Safety at the Club this Saturday! Hmm, maybe I can get there Sunday. Post if you get a table and will be there Sunday. I'll look for ya if I can get there. if nothing else, it's always great to put a face to an MDS name!
    Ok Thanks for the interest. I do have a Savage 1899 .303 if interested.

strider07

Senior Airman
    Dec 21, 2012
    Columbia
    I like to make two or three passes before I buy a gun, first time around to see which tables have stuff I'm interested in, second time to check out the tables I liked (and maybe buy stuff), third to do a final sweep and grab any ammo and accessories I wanted.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Yes, the admission has increased by $2.00 (from $8.00 to $10.00) as per MY request with the promoter, yes, MY request. There is DAMNED GOOD REASON for this. The $2.00 increase is being donated to the MLFDA (Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealer's Association) of which I'm on the Board Of Directors, and also MSI (Maryland Shall Issue), both of which need to raise the funds for the impending lawsuit against the State's SB281 (AGC and NRA are also helping with this). We ALL NEED to pull together and pitch in for this if we are to have any hope or chance in keeping our 2nd Amendment Rights in this State. The passage of SB281 earlier this year is only the tip of that big iceberg as I have received information (not to be revealed or by whom) that SB281 is only the beginning so long as the current powers that be, and like minded successors, maintain their positions in this State. If any law abiding gun owning pro 2A MD resident has a gripe about the $2.00 admission increase at the MD gun shows for this donation, perhaps you should reconsider your position about the $2.00 increase. After reconsideration you still have a gripe about it, perhaps you should just turn all of your guns in at that time. We have a battle going on in our FRONT yard, not just our back yard, but our FRONT yard and we MUST do everything we can within our powers to win, or at least to minimalize the impact/damage. Again, if you have a bitch about the $2.00 increase of admission, then blame it on ME, that's right, ME, as it was I that brought this up to the promoter and asked for his cooperation in this matter.

I have already made substantial donations! I guess $2.00 more won't hurt, maybe $4 if Shooters Discount has something that catches my eye.

britishjohnhall

Thanks to everyone for the advice. It helped a lot!

This was my first gun show experience. It was ok. I spent most of my time soaking it all in. I was looking for a Marlin lever 30/30, and found it. It wasn't the "steal" I was hoping for. But I paid a fair price for it. The guy sitting on a 6' stool with the uncle sam hat was cool. They should have had a dispensing machine for AR15's!
    People walking around with their rifles etc, with signs sticking out the barrel was another memory.
    My final thoughts are... This gun show seems to be a great place to pick up random accessories like ammo cans, and cleaning supplies. As far as buying a firearm. It seems to be cheaper on line. However you have to weigh that up with being able to lay your hands on what your buying.
    Now I need a hunting expo. Does anyone know of a good hunting show? Unfortunately I can't go to the one at the Charles County fairgrounds this year. I live very near La Plata MD. I don't mind heading south into VA.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Go to the chantilly show next weekend. Its prob 3x the size.

You CAN find firearm deals better than online. Sometimes;) But its tricky and obviously hit or miss.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Strange thing at this show... everyone is nervous. I tried to do a private transfer with someone who brought a long gun (non regulated) for sale, and he insisted that we go through a dealer, even though it wasn't required (I didn't make the buy... wasn't worth the effort). Then I tired to purchase what was clearly a pre-1898 revolver at one of the tables and they wanted me to do paperwork on it... wait 110 days, for a stinking .32 that I'll never shoot... no thanks. I think that everyone is paranoid that the state is just waiting to drop the hammer on anyone who even comes close to the line... maybe they are just paying attention.

Did cross one off of my pre-October wish list, so it wasn't a total bust.

Cheers.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Top Hat has been around for YEARS. I used to buy from him in the mid-90s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom