• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mstalcup

May 20, 2014
    St. Marys County
    I am looking to start collecting parts to build my first AR-15. A friend of mine has the 80% jig so I was planning on going that route. My plan with this AR is to build a no frills budget priced simple firearm. just looking around on MidwayUSA.com I could get the AR Stoner 80% lower and the Del-Ton mid length carbine kit for $588.97 plus tax. Is that a decent price? Or are there other places that I could go to order the parts cheaper but still end up with a decent quality AR when I am done. I would just be using this for plinking and keep it loaded in the safe with everything else for that just in case situation.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Even though you are going 80%, you still need the barrel to be marked and HBAR or Heavy Barrel or be advertised by the manufactory as such to comply with SB 281.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Considering I have built ever AR I ever had, except for one, I would tell you to build it from parts the way you would want it to be. The AR is completely customizable, take advantage of that when building one and don't limit yourself to what somebody in a factory says you can have.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Is the 80% metal or polymer? I'd personally only go with a metal lower.

My stoner barrel seems decent. I got a 20" SS 1:8 twist .223 Wylde HBAR from midway for $120ish as part of my build. I've got a mishmash of parts. Spike's lower, Anderson upper, stoner barrel, PSA BCG, PSA LPK, A2 grip, no-name FF keymod handguard KAK buffer and buffer tube. I am swapping the FCG for a PSA polished on and the A2 grip for a magpul MOE. Those are going on an Anderson lower for a .300 blackout pistol build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom