• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    In the event I get the chance I decided I should whip up something......

This bill is titled the Firearms Safety Act of 2013 yet nothing in the bill actually addresses safety. When I reviewed the bill initially and subsequently after all of the Senates amendments, I looked objectively to see if this bill would actually make my children, my family, my fellow citizens any safer...to my surprise, it didn’t!

It’s for the children, this is the battle cry spoken all across this state and our union, but the only thing this bill attempts to do to improve school safety is to add 25 million dollars to fund school security. 25 million sounds like a lot, until you realize there are 1,424 public schools in MD...that = $17,500 per school...exactly how much safety can this buy? NONE

Next, I looked at what the bill would do to make my family safer. Is there anything in the bill that is going to better secure my family in or out of the home, sadly it was another NO. There was nothing to address May Issue vs Shall Issue so that I can open or conceal carry. There was nothing to enhance Law Enforcement response times, no additional police or state troopers. Nothing meaningful at all, another FAIL!

Lastly, I looked to the citizens in general. Does this bill address the criminals that walk among us every day? Does it impose stiffer sentencing on felonies committed with a firearm? Anything like Fla’s 10/20/LIFE rule....NO. As a matter of fact in listening to the Senate debate the bill, it was announced to the world that was listening, that putting away every criminal who used a gun in a felony would BANKRUPT the system...REALLY? The budget is MORE IMPORTANT than SAFETY? I thought this was a SAFETY ACT.

It is a very sad day when this bill doesn’t address ONE thing that will make any of us safer. The only thing it will do is infringe on the law abiding citizen...and yes 99% of us will comply with these ridiculous infringements because we are LAW ABIDING! How about going after the CRIMINALS?

Oh wait....I forgot, this is just feel good legislation so that you can all go home and sleep good at night knowing you did something.

You trampled on my rights...I guess I should say Thank You....but I won’t.

I oppose HB294.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom