• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    This article caught my attention this morning … (posting this knowing but nevertheless always somewhat fascinated by how some take such topics, um, “personally.”)

Tisas USA Introduces Museum-Grade 1911A1 Replica​

Knoxville, TN (January 9th, 2024)– Tisas USA, a division of SDS Imports, the internationally recognized firearms manufacturer that provides high quality firearms at unrivaled value is pleased to introduce a museum-grade replica of the M1911A1 as it was issued during the Second World War. Based on a 1943 Remington Rand, the Tisas Armed Services (AS) duplicates the original Type E hammer, correct arched mainspring housing, small window ejection port, and other features specific to the sub-contracted pistols of the day.

“Until now, no one has produced a true replica of the issue M1911A1,” stated SDS/Tisas USA CEO Tim Mulverhill. “Many
    companies have created ‘GI’ or similarly named models, but none of them were true representations of the original. We set out to create a version that would be hard to tell apart when holding an original in one hand and the Tisas in the other. Until you see the discreet manufacturer information under the dust cover, you can’t tell them apart other than wear and the cruder wartime machining marks of the originals. We even considered adding the flaming Ordnance Bomb proof mark, but there is a fine line between replica and counterfeit, and we felt that would be crossing it.”

The Armed Services features the correct United States Property roll marks, and ships with the correct brown plastic grips. A set of walnut, double diamond checkered grips are also included.

Tisas Armed Services M1911 A1 Specs:

• Caliber: 45 ACP
    • Barrel Length: 5 Inches
    • Accurate reproduction of WWII issued 1911 Remington Rand 1943-1945
    • United States Property marked
    • Manganese Phosphate Slide, Frame & small parts
    • Reprofiled Ejection Port
    • Type E Hammer
    • (2) 7 round magazines
    • (2) sets of grips including Accurate reproduction brown plastic grips, and walnut double diamond checkered grips
    • MSRP: $479.99
    About Tisas USA:

Tisas USA began operations in 2022 as the exclusive importer of T?SA? Trabzon Silah Sanayi. There mission is simple; Provide high-quality firearms at an unrivaled value to our customers and stand behind our products for life, with our TISAS LIFETIME SERVICE PLAN. Recognized throughout the world, Tisas USA takes enormous pride in delivering the best value in today’s crowded marketplace - knowing that the educated consumer has limitless choices to choose from, we strive to meet the needs of today’s shooters. For additional information on the Tisas Armed Services M1911A1 or other products, visit https://tisasusa.com/.

Attachments

• IMG_5376.jpeg
      IMG_5376.jpeg
      18 KB · Views: 73
    Last edited:

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Tisas' .45 replicas are very tempting. Very affordable, supposedly of decent quality, faithful reproductions.

Would I be thought a fool if I insisted on buying an M1911 from a US manufacturer?

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    Tisas' .45 replicas are very tempting. Very affordable, supposedly of decent quality, faithful reproductions.

Would I be thought a fool if I insisted on buying an M1911 from a US manufacturer?
    You do you. If it goes bang safely and you like it....go for it

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Meh, I'd pay twice as much for a Colt reproduction.

I have found tisas to be touch and go as far as quality and clearances.

This is why Remington, Winchester and Colt are out of business.....Americans outsource everything, including their own heritage.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    My Norinco 1911 "G.I." has functioned flawlessly since I bought it.
    I will get one of these and check it out. At that price, it can be a beater/test-bed.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    That was is similar to mine only in 9mm.

This "new" model is supposed to a more authentic replica!
    I forgot that the one in the classified's is 9mm.
    If was one of the 9mm commanders I would have been tempted to buy it.

Last edited:

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    The M1911 the most replicated and copied handgun in the world. Thee 1911 will never die off.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    This Tisas may very well be museum grade. I would buy it before some of the other true and over priced clones of a 1911-A1. Its priced about right…not worth much more. I prefer the Colt for 1.7 times the cost of the Tisas. It maintains the classic utility and appeal. It IS American. I’m headed somewhere with what follows.

That Colt has one upgrade virtually all martial 1911 copies need - the improved sights. I haven’t seen a Block, Berretta, Sig, virtually all modern handguns with skimpy sights.

The radius under the trigger guard is friendlier to shooting.

It has a flat ergonomically correct mainspring housing…like the originals. Even if it may be polymer.

Ejection port is lower. Yeah not classic but how many non-nostagia based 1911 slides don’t utilize at least a lowered port?

So far all the things listed improve shootabilty and one addresses reliability.

Its blued. Yeah, the A1’s were all parked but the 1911’s were blued. Classic finish.

There are two or three, maybe four, other changes needed I find productive but I don’t want to irritate anyone.

I like Tisas 1911 guns…lotsa quality for the $$$. I wouldn’t include this in a museum…except with other clones to emphacize the timelessness of its design and appeal. I woukdn’t trip over my own feet in a scramble to obtain a specimen. It is a great base for those wanting to produce a more modern iteration of a milspec pistol. Its a good platform to build a contemporary 1911 or to learn the fine art of doing such.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I got mine from centerfire systems with walnut grips for $330 pre transfer.

I'm at around 800 rounds through it. Considering Tisas has no MIM parts with a forged frame/slide no one should even consider buying a rock island or even an overpriced 1911 with mim parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom