• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • learjet

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2007
    hi everyone, im a long time C&R holder who usually only purchases 1 or 2 C&Rs per year. i have just gotten the opportunity to purchase 3 C&R handguns however from out of state. i am not a Md Designated Collector.

the MDSP website appears to say this is ok for the purposes of a private collection. I know many of you here have followed Md issues far more closely than i have, so i thought id see if anyone feels im in error.

please let me know

gene

A person may not purchase more than one regulated firearm in a 30-day period, unless that person is a Designated Firearms Collector. Exemptions to the Designated Firearms Collector, and who may also purchase more than one regulated firearm in a 30-day period, are:
    The purchase is for a private collection or a collector series.
    The purchase is a bulk purchase from an estate sale.
    The purchase is for the purpose of taking advantage of a dealer's discounted price for a multiple purchase. No more than two firearms may be purchased at a time in this way.
    The purchase is for a scurity guard company.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    MSP 77R form is for purchasing within the state of MD Your FFL03 is for interstate purchases and there is not a limit. You are bypassing nothing and following federal laws which apply to interstate transfers. Just don't have an 11+ magazine shipped to you in MD . That WOULD NOT be in compliance.

learjet

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2007
    thx everyone, im familiar w the mag issue, and appreciate the info on the multiple purchases

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Some folks do not understand that the FFL03 is a FEDERAL license. Think of it in those terms. The Federal license outlines privileges of interstate transactions. When questioning legality of a transaction, refrr to Federal law as it applies to interstate transactions using your FFL03. IANAL

Yes, I use the word 'privileges'. This isn't to start THAT debate. Like it or not, licences grant privileges.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    And while your contemplating these things, it doesn't hurt to apply for a MD DC status. It's free and if you ever come upon a multi purchase situation with handguns in-state, your GTG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom