• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well here you go. Delivery day is finally here and we were blessed with twins. The bigger brother is a S&W M&P 45 and the little brother is a S&W M&P 9.

Paperwork faxed to MSP: 4/26/2103
    Paperwork Approved by MSP: 8/15/2013
    Paperwork Faxed back to FFL: 8/19/2013
    Delivery Date: 8/20/2013

116 Days total.

Now how to break the new family members to the wife? See newborn pics below. Aren't they just the cuttest pair?

new_toys2.jpg

m32

Mar 5, 2013
    N. Balto County
    So after checking with my FFL and told nothing yet, I called MSP and a very nice lady advised me that my 5/1 was ND on 8/15. If it hadn't been faxed yet, she would get it out today. I'm curious now to see how long before my FFL calls. I assume they would like to be paid.

As a follow-up. I was called this morning so that is within 1 day of the fax being sent.:)

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    Do your FFLs have a name? I really don't see the point of sharing your information unless its useful for others...
    I will not disclose mine until after I get my guns.
    If I have to go through the licensing process then I'll tell you after I file suit. If I don't want to sue then I will post right after I have the guns in my hand.

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    Well here you go. Delivery day is finally here and we were blessed with twins. The bigger brother is a S&W M&P 45 and the little brother is a S&W M&P 9.

116 Days total.

Now how to break the new family members to the wife? See newborn pics below. Aren't they just the cuttest pair?

new_toys2.jpg
    It took them four days to fax. That is even more (?) ridiculous than the wait for processing.

SigDog

Feb 11, 2013
    West Virginia
    I will not disclose mine until after I get my guns.
    If I have to go through the licensing process then I'll tell you after I file suit. If I don't want to sue then I will post right after I have the guns in my hand.

I'm curious, what would be the premise for a law suit against the FFL?

EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA

116 Days total.

new_toys2.jpg

Were you in secondary review? I'm trying to get data points for a spreadsheet I have been compiling. Thanks!

Ksichels

Glock Shooter
    Jan 11, 2012
    Carroll County, MD
    So after checking with my FFL and told nothing yet, I called MSP and a very nice lady advised me that my 5/1 was ND on 8/15. If it hadn't been faxed yet, she would get it out today. I'm curious now to see how long before my FFL calls. I assume they would like to be paid.

So who and how do you get a live person at MSP to get these dates??? My emails to Ms Brock seem to get ignored!:confused:

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    So who and how do you get a live person at MSP to get these dates??? My emails to Ms Brock seem to get ignored!:confused:

You can try calling 410-653-4500 ext. 4334. She responded to my email the next day for a 5/1 inquiry that she would check on it. I wasn't expecting her to answer right away given the amount of paperwork she would have to go through but I did get a quick response.

Peyman

Jan 24, 2013
    Baltimore City
    You can try calling 410-653-4500 ext. 4334. She responded to my email the next day for a 5/1 inquiry that she would check on it. I wasn't expecting her to answer right away given the amount of paperwork she would have to go through but I did get a quick response.
    I sent an e-mail to Ms. Marie Campbell around 11am this morning to see what dates are being processed. I got quick reply from her stating they are currently processing initial review that were received on May 3, 2013 and secondary reviews are being processed for applications received May 6, 2013.

Ultimate Member
    I purchased a Sig P238 from Bass Pro a week ago. Anyone purchase a regulated firearm recently? If so, how long did it take to get a response from the MSP? I know it says 7 days, but no one will release it until they get a response from them.

Thanks.

I picked up a .22 from bass pro on July 30th. It took them since April 14th to do this. The wait is still over 100 days and NOT improving. I wrote the MSP several times and they just kept bitch'n about how busy they were.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    I sent an e-mail to Ms. Marie Campbell around 11am this morning to see what dates are being processed. I got quick reply from her stating they are currently processing initial review that were received on May 3, 2013 and secondary reviews are being processed for applications received May 6, 2013.

I think you got that right in your head, but your typing fingers reversed that...

Rouser

Proud Eastern Shoreman
    Jul 27, 2012
    Wicomico & Talbot Cos.
    I'm not sure if anyone else has heard of this but apparently MSP and ATF (and possibly the AG office) have been/are having meetings around the state in two separate sessions on the same day relating to the procedures for proper processing of the paperwork for regulated firearms. Evidently, they are meeting first with local States Attys and law enforcement about how the laws are to be interpreted and the proper paperwork time frames. The second session is with the local FFLs where they are being shown how to process the paperwork for quick release of regulated firearms without NICS responses from MSP. My FFL has not been doing 8 day releases and had no intention of doing so (very conservative) until he attended one of these meetings. I called him on another matter and he told me of the meeting and that I could get my 1911 any time I wanted now. He's had it since late June. I decided that I needed to get there quickly before anything else changed. Bottom line is I picked mine up that night. Is anyone else aware of these meetings?? It seems that the state and ATF is recommending this procedure. If so this could be the light at the end of the tunnel for a lot of buyers who are stuck in the 100+ day wait.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    I'm not sure if anyone else has heard of this but apparently MSP and ATF (and possibly the AG office) have been/are having meetings around the state in two separate sessions on the same day relating to the procedures for proper processing of the paperwork for regulated firearms. Evidently, they are meeting first with local States Attys and law enforcement about how the laws are to be interpreted and the proper paperwork time frames. The second session is with the local FFLs where they are being shown how to process the paperwork for quick release of regulated firearms without NICS responses from MSP. My FFL has not been doing 8 day releases and had no intention of doing so (very conservative) until he attended one of these meetings. I called him on another matter and he told me of the meeting and that I could get my 1911 any time I wanted now. He's had it since late June. I decided that I needed to get there quickly before anything else changed. Bottom line is I picked mine up that night. Is anyone else aware of these meetings?? It seems that the state and ATF is recommending this procedure. If so this could be the light at the end of the tunnel for a lot of buyers who are stuck in the 100+ day wait.

There is a thread on this already: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=128325
    also I recall a email going out for dates and times from the MSP

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    I'm curious, what would be the premise for a law suit against the FFL?
    Their failure to release the guns before Oct. 1st would cost me the fees, application process, cost of additional training, etc.

If they follow the law and release before Oct. 1st I do not have to go through all that aggravation and an even longer wait for my guns. Because you then have to wait on the MSP to process the license application.

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    Their failure to release the guns before Oct. 1st would cost me the fees, application process, cost of additional training, etc.

If they follow the law and release before Oct. 1st I do not have to go through all that aggravation and an even longer wait for my guns. Because you then have to wait on the MSP to process the license application.

If you've already purchased a handgun in MD, you don't need additional training, but you would have to pay the additional licensing fee.

But you have the option of calling the firearm dealer and canceling your order and getting a refund, and you can go to an on time release FFL, or if it's a transfer, have the FFL re-transfer it to an on time release dealer. I can't see a lawsuit holding up unless you made these requests and they refused.

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    If you've already purchased a handgun in MD, you don't need additional training, but you would have to pay the additional licensing fee.

But you have the option of calling the firearm dealer and canceling your order and getting a refund, and you can go to an on time release FFL, or if it's a transfer, have the FFL re-transfer it to an on time release dealer. I can't see a lawsuit holding up unless you made these requests and they refused.
    I purchased them online. And, to transfer to another dealer would also cost me more money that I do not want to spend. The last time I purchased a handgun was thirty years ago. I did take the currently required video course.

I haven't decided if I would sue yet. I'm leaning that way.

If you are not a lawyer or even if you are you never know how any legal action will go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom