• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jubbs26

Mar 14, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Had a chance to speak with MSP a few weeks ago. Work related. They said that on 7/1 the new hires will start to offer help with more paperwork which will help with the wait. 15 more to add to the staff. Hopefully that will speed things up.

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    Hang in there, hopefully before the weekend.

I'm not as stressed or anxious about this one as I was the first, or second or third ...purchase. It is just frustrating and almost comical because I had purchased another handgun from this FFL a week before - and I received the ND for that one a month ago.
    I'm not going anywhere near the flaming threads over FFL's that release without MSP's ND - but I pick up a purchase at Shooters Discount on Saturday that I bought at the Timonium show -- 14 days, instead of 98 if this one other one comes thru by then.
    I know where I'll be making future purchases.

Eam668

May 20, 2013
    Harford County,Md
    MSP on June 22 were looking at April 1st and 2nd apps. Today on June 27th they were looking at April 5th and 6th apps. I have been calling there number at least 3 times a week ever since I bought my handgun.

Jmarko

Apr 8, 2013
    Had a chance to speak with MSP a few weeks ago. Work related. They said that on 7/1 the new hires will start to offer help with more paperwork which will help with the wait. 15 more to add to the staff. Hopefully that will speed things up.

That's good news, hopefully it helps the people that don't have 8th day release ffls

Rimfire

May 20, 2013
    Fred Co.

FWIW, my wife did the online safety training a day or two ago and I noticed they no longer require you to cut off and mail in the top part of the form, so you'd think that they could shift the resources that were previously doing whatever they did with those records to processing apps.

MD2VANOW

Jun 4, 2013
    Mechanicsville
    Just got off the phone with MSP. My 4/4 application went in further review on 6/22. They are currently processing 4/5-4/6 for first reviews and 3/24 for secondary reviews. Any of you mathematicians have any estimates on how long my review will take?

Jmarko

Apr 8, 2013
    FWIW, my wife did the online safety training a day or two ago and I noticed they no longer require you to cut off and mail in the top part of the form, so you'd think that they could shift the resources that were previously doing whatever they did with those records to processing apps.

When I did mine back in February it was the same way, so it may have been like this for a while.

pianodwarf

Apr 24, 2013
    I'm April 8th, so with some luck, maybe I'll get mine before the 4th of July holiday. There's no reason I should go into review, but of course that doesn't really mean anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom