• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1st

May 6, 2013
    You need to pick up 30 days after your first pick up. Only problem is your NICS is only good for 30 days from issue date, you will have to get a new one.

That is what I think too. However, it looks like my first purchase may still take 3 weeks before it gets processed, so that will give me plenty of time after the NICS check. Additionally, I have been talking/e-mailing with Ms Brock and what she stated flusters me: "since you have been waiting more than 60 days on your first purchase, there is no issue. If this confuses you, give me a call.". I left it at that as I did not want to waste her time any further until the issue would surface ('early' release by Atlantic or Not Disapproved).
    I'm going to play it safe and simply wait until the 30 days have passed.

Daffydek

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks mdshooters for helping me get through my almost 3 month wait. Picked up my xd after 89 days, today. Couldn't have done it without all your info and updates. Great forum with great members.

Bublar

Mar 6, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Ok, so "further review" apps from 3/12, 13, and 14 have been seen. This bodes well for me (a 3/14). Ain't holding my breath though.

Excuse my ignorance - the MSP automated recording still says they are on "2nd revie"" for 3/6-3/7. How do you know they are up to 3/14? I assume you emailed them? I'm just curious because I'm in the review pile from 3/21.

If that's the case, am I to assume their recording is as outdated as their 5/24 online status update?

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Day 85 for me, faxed 3/14. Just ordered another lower to 2A Sales. I have a strange feeling I may get that lower before I get the one that's in prison at South Carroll Sporting Goods.

mcornish86@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I am an FFL and I appreciate everything that is posted but you have to remember, it's my license and I am the one going to jail. I have had numerous issues this month. Things have been bad. I will not go in to to much detail but lets say.....I did exactly what you are saying. After 7 days, I gave the weapon to buyer. When I called ,they had lost the paperwork and told me to resubmit. I told them, too late. I should have swung a stick at a hornet's nest instead.

Yes, we all the know the law. It is 8 days because Sundays don't count. And Troopers are supposed to speed either, but lets talk real world. Because I didnt get a NICS, I violated FEDERAL LAW. Oh yeah, that...

It is easy to talk tough on here, but I have to deal with these Troopers. When I say Hi its Corsica Sporting Goods....They KNOW who I am now!! So will I make that mistake again or will I wait and call and make sure everything is legal??

Lets not confuse WHAT IS and What SHOULD BE...

Ur not going to jail if do everything that coincides with state law. Msp is 100% liable if something happen and they retrive the firearm not a ffl. Laws states u "may" release after 7days if not heard back from msp. FEDERAL LAW STATES .If a denial is not issued within a certain amount of days, the transfer may be completed at that time.re read the brady act!

Support the ffls that are doing 8th release and support MSI, AGC!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    You may not go to jail, but you can certainly be sued in a wrongful death suit brought by someone in a civil court. A large judgement could ruin a small FFL.

I completely understand why an FFL won't release before a ND from MSP. Keep in mind this is someone's livlihood. It's a business decision. They have to decide what's best for them, just as you can decide where to purchase your firearm.

mcornish86@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore County
    You may not go to jail, but you can certainly be sued in a wrongful death suit brought by someone in a civil court. A large judgement could ruin a small FFL.

I completely understand why an FFL won't release before a ND from MSP. Keep in mind this is someone's livlihood. It's a business decision. They have to decide what's best for them, just as you can decide where to purchase your firearm.

I'm pretty sure u can only sue I civil court if anything wrong was done! If they follow the law then no wrong was done! As case had to be be made and it not a case if one follow the rules/laws. Plus the liability is on 100% its their responsiblity not the ffls!

mcornish86@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I'm pretty sure u can only sue I civil court if anything wrong was done! If they follow the law then no wrong was done! As case had to be be made and it not a case if one follow the rules/laws. Plus the liability is on 100% its their responsiblity not the ffls!

Can only sue the liable party which would be MSP! Follow the law book by book then ur good!

mcornish86@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I am an FFL and I appreciate everything that is posted but you have to remember, it's my license and I am the one going to jail. I have had numerous issues this month. Things have been bad. I will not go in to to much detail but lets say.....I did exactly what you are saying. After 7 days, I gave the weapon to buyer. When I called ,they had lost the paperwork and told me to resubmit. I told them, too late. I should have swung a stick at a hornet's nest instead.

Yes, we all the know the law. It is 8 days because Sundays don't count. And Troopers are supposed to speed either, but lets talk real world. Because I didnt get a NICS, I violated FEDERAL LAW. Oh yeah, that...

It is easy to talk tough on here, but I have to deal with these Troopers. When I say Hi its Corsica Sporting Goods....They KNOW who I am now!! So will I make that mistake again or will I wait and call and make sure everything is legal??

Lets not confuse WHAT IS and What SHOULD BE...

Brady law (federal law) is only 5 days. If not received word from ATf within 5 days then the sale may commence! So it wouldn't be a violation of state law of you chose to release!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom