• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    I want to get back in line. It's my wife that's the issue. I made a deal with her (looooonnnnnggggg story) and put a hold on buying anything else until March of 2014. Essentially, she's deathly afraid. Not like liberal-stupid afraid, psychologically, and manifests physically, afraid. So we're working on it. It was my marriage or my guns. I choose my marriage, and I still have my one pistol for now. We'll see what the future holds.

And as far as leaving, nah, you can't get rid of my rants that easily! :)

Congrats to all the other that have waited almost 90 days and got their firearms!

Scarab :party29:

Talk to the owner of Worth-A-Shot in Millersville. Her name is Donna I think. Former LEO who does custom and private courses. Get your wife into a basic pistol course. Let her ask questions and get comfortable (easier for a woman to relate to a woman).

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!

I, Scarab, JUST received my call from the FFL to come pick up my first pistol!!!

I feel so happy and fluffy right now. I might just kiss my boss. He probably wouldn't be very receptive to that, but oh well.

90 Days folks. And they lost my app in review. I called 4 times yesterday trying to get answers and finally got a call back yesterday at 3:30 PM telling me that it was found and an officer was reviewing it right then.

If you don't hear something CALL THEM!

P.S. - I love you all.

Scarab

Scarab,
    I have been following your & plenty other posts since I started posting in this forum & I am sooo happy for you! :clap: I picked up my very 1st purchase also on 5/30. I know you're going to enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine! I shot it for the 1st time on Sunday morning and man did it feel good! I hope you have the same experience and hope to see you in other forums. Have fun & stay safe!

P.S.- We all love you too! :party29: :gun2:

hugsmindy

Feb 11, 2013
    Talk to the owner of Worth-A-Shot in Millersville. Her name is Donna I think. Former LEO who does custom and private courses. Get your wife into a basic pistol course. Let her ask questions and get comfortable (easier for a woman to relate to a woman).

I've got to second this recommendation. Donna is wonderful. I took the Utah course with her and her staff and also a private marksmanship course with Donna. You just can't go wrong! :party29: I'm planning to take the protection outside the home course as soon as my son's baseball season is over. The last time it was offered and the next offering are both during the son's games. :cool:

ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    Here come all the new gun owners to the range. Welcome to your new addiction (hobby). Remember, there are no stupid questions at the range. Be safe, and maintain trigger discipline.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Scarab,
    I have been following your & plenty other posts since I started posting in this forum & I am sooo happy for you! :clap: I picked up my very 1st purchase also on 5/30. I know you're going to enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine! I shot it for the 1st time on Sunday morning and man did it feel good! I hope you have the same experience and hope to see you in other forums. Have fun & stay safe!

P.S.- We all love you too! :party29: :gun2:

I appreciate all the goodwill. Sometime my A-Type personality and rants can be abrasive, but I do appreciate the love I've been shown. 90 days is a long time.

Only time will tell what happens with my wife and her relationship with guns, though I have a feeling it's just going to be "I'm ok with them being in the house, but I still don't want to see/touch them." And that's just going to have to be OK. Like I said, she's not a ignorant liberal, she's just deathly afraid of them due to a bad experience with an idiot boyfriend deep in her past.

Scarab

CarlosM

Mar 12, 2013
    I appreciate all the goodwill. Sometime my A-Type personality and rants can be abrasive, but I do appreciate the love I've been shown. 90 days is a long time.

Only time will tell what happens with my wife and her relationship with guns, though I have a feeling it's just going to be "I'm ok with them being in the house, but I still don't want to see/touch them." And that's just going to have to be OK. Like I said, she's not a ignorant liberal, she's just deathly afraid of them due to a bad experience with an idiot boyfriend deep in her past.

Scarab

Give her time. My wife was very afraid of guns for the longest time. She eventually came around and now she goes to the range with me occasionally. Good luck!

dbb

Apr 10, 2013
    Just got the call. 76 days. 3/21 ND from Bass Pro Shop. To make some of the rumors go away of reasons people are in review: I'm under 30, first time gun buyer, finger prints in the system (military), and I called the shit out of MSP this past week. On my way now to pick up my px4 storm!

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    my wife grew up in dc, never had any exposure to firearms

before we got married i loaded up the 10/22 and let her go at it
    (after a safety lesson of course)

now shes hooked.

oh and she is more upset over the wait on the p95 then i am

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I just created this new thread. If you know anything about why people build vs. buy AR-15-style rifles please drop a post and educate me! I'm a total noob on this topic so no information is too small.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=2474763#post2474763

Thanks,

Scarab
    It can be economic, total customization down to what brand springs you buy, satisfaction in assembling your own, and in the case of an 80% lower building a firearm from scratch with no record whatsoever (for some tinfoil hat types).

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    I got an email from MSP. They are working on 3/9 for those 0 review and 3/22 for non review. My magic date is 3/25. Since they do about a day a week, I'll have my purchase maybe for the 4th of July. Figure that would make me a 90+ clubber. :(
    But not celebratory gun fire... it's illegal and dangerous.

Last edited:

bigwillc

Apr 12, 2013
    Charles County - Da Dorf
    I just created this new thread. If you know anything about why people build vs. buy AR-15-style rifles please drop a post and educate me! I'm a total noob on this topic so no information is too small.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=2474763#post2474763

Thanks,

Scarab

Thanks for creating that thread. I'm a newbie as well and thinking my next purchase may be an AR-15 once my now 70 day and counting waits or my Glock 17 is over. I know there is limitless information here already on these forums but I like the starting from scratch approach as well since any bit that I will learn will be new to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom