• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    Hendershots in Hagerstown is releasing on day 8. I can confirm by the phone call I just recieved from them. They are calling in order of who has waited the longest. They will have lot's of happy customers. Thank you Hendershots.

Molan Labe

rafter.shop

Aug 28, 2011
    Washington County
    Got this email from Hendershot's in Hagerstown.

Good News!

After lengthy discussions with ATF and the Maryland State Police we have concluded that we can release firearms after the 7 day waiting period and still be in full compliance with State and Federal laws.

We appreciate everyone's continued patience as we go through our applications and deliver your firearms as quickly as possible.

We are starting to call customers today, oldest applications first....

_________

They go on to explain that they will call us and that we need to be patient for a few days to be fair to everyone.

I CAN LIVE WITH THAT!!!!!

Only 61 days in. But it's been long enough.

Fighting the good fight.

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    84 days for me, although 2A is releasing on day 8. they stated they are calling people from oldest to newest dates. he only had a couple from Feb. left. so hopefully I get a call for my 3/13 this week or early next week either way.

Congrats Scarab, but don't forget about us down here in the abyss....

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!

I, Scarab, JUST received my call from the FFL to come pick up my first pistol!!!

I feel so happy and fluffy right now. I might just kiss my boss. He probably wouldn't be very receptive to that, but oh well.

90 Days folks. And they lost my app in review. I called 4 times yesterday trying to get answers and finally got a call back yesterday at 3:30 PM telling me that it was found and an officer was reviewing it right then.

If you don't hear something CALL THEM!

P.S. - I love you all.

Scarab

Good deal I'm happy for you bud!! Shoot a few for me I'm in review myself 3/19

Jubbs26

Mar 14, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Hey guys - been following this thread for awhile now as it took 60 days to get my first firearm and as of 5/20 I'm back in line for another. I work at Fox 45 and they're doing a cover story tonight on this back-up at MSP on the News at Ten. I raised the question about the back up and the NICS issue (specifically why the number of checks are going down while gun sales and supposedly staff at MSP is increasing as cited here http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ni...cks-1998_2013_state_monthly_totals-033113.pdf ) I spoke to the reporter on the story before I left. She said MSP told her to call FBI which told her to call ATF who hadn't returned an e-mail or phone call as of around 3:00ish. Just an FYI for everyone who's interested in this issue as much as I am...

Lushbaugh

Mar 23, 2013
    Just got the shock of my life. Picked up my fns 40 last week after 85 days. Got my DC paper work in the mail on Saturday. So ordered 2 hand guns from buds gun shop and had them shipped to keystone in hagerstown. Expecting to wait 90 days for both. Here is the shock was told could pick up on the 8th day. They got the faxed letter from MSP and sice I just got from them and have my DC can pick up next week.

xcoastie

May 10, 2013
    ...I raised the question about the back up and the NICS issue (specifically why the number of checks are going down while gun sales and supposedly staff at MSP is increasing ...

I had a similar question when I looked at the charts and numbers. My uninformed guess is that a single NICS check is tied to a single transaction, but the transaction may include multiple firearms----perhaps from different categories (handguns, rifles, shotguns).

Alexp08

May 16, 2013
    Got this email from Hendershot's in Hagerstown.

Good News!

After lengthy discussions with ATF and the Maryland State Police we have concluded that we can release firearms after the 7 day waiting period and still be in full compliance with State and Federal laws.

We appreciate everyone's continued patience as we go through our applications and deliver your firearms as quickly as possible.

We are starting to call customers today, oldest applications first....

_________

They go on to explain that they will call us and that we need to be patient for a few days to be fair to everyone.

I CAN LIVE WITH THAT!!!!!

Only 61 days in. But it's been long enough.

Fighting the good fight.

Good shit. I live a hour from them nice

dbb

Apr 10, 2013
    just picked up my berretta from 3/7 from bass pro

congrats. I am assuming you were in review? I am expecting my 3/21 from them any day now the MSP said they faxed it over today after losing my application. Waiting on a Berretta px4 storm .40 compact. What did you get?

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Just picked up three more ar lowers and finally my river Sr1911 this evening,3/19 date on the app so most likely got faxed on 3/20 because usually I'm the last customer and its closing time,about 9 days less then the last four receivers,now just waiting on the rest.

bigwillc

Apr 12, 2013
    Charles County - Da Dorf
    Just got the shock of my life. Picked up my fns 40 last week after 85 days. Got my DC paper work in the mail on Saturday. So ordered 2 hand guns from buds gun shop and had them shipped to keystone in hagerstown. Expecting to wait 90 days for both. Here is the shock was told could pick up on the 8th day. They got the faxed letter from MSP and sice I just got from them and have my DC can pick up next week.

Cool. You'll have many new choices with what you want to shoot. Congrats. :party29:

Apr 5, 2013
    picked up my 4-1 purchase today. Faxed to MSP 4-2-13 ND-? still pending. Keystone sporting good Hagerstown md :thumbsup::D:thumbsup::D

Attachments

• sks2.jpg
      sks2.jpg
      68.8 KB · Views: 271

Trek4Ward

Hooligan #10
    Mar 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Shooting Ventures in Frederick has joined the "Release on the 8th day club". He's working his backlog from oldest to newest and is not currently taking new customers, but for those using his home as your gun safe, you should get the call soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom