• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Has anyone picked up from shooters discount recently?

I got word from Ms. Bock that I was approved on 5/12. 5/16 and no call.

I was hoping to shoot the darn thing at HB this weekend.

I was there last night. If you were approved on 5/12, they have to mail the forms back to Lou. He is currently working from oldest to newest on releases.

pianodwarf

Apr 24, 2013
    I don't like it, but cannot blame them since I'm a first time buyer and they don't know me. I received very good service when I was there and I was asked how much I wanted to pay at the time and recall the options where 20%, 50% or 100%. I choose 100% and paid 7% over MSRP. They also told me to expect very long wait times between 6 and 8 weeks.

Not so with me. The clerk just slapped the entire price (which, as with you, was 7% above MSRP) onto my credit card, went thru all the paperwork with me, then told me I would be waiting at least six or seven weeks.

pianodwarf

Apr 24, 2013
    The dealer spends their money on the gun up front and it's not their fault that you can't pick the gun up until MSP not disapproves you.

Sure, I understand that, but I still should have been informed about the delay before he spent half an hour going over everything with me and taking my money. If I'd known I was going to have to wait so long, I might have reconsidered the purchase. I probably wouldn't have, but I should have been given the option.

NB1214

Jan 19, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    The dealer spends their money on the gun up front and it's not their fault that you can't pick the gun up until MSP not disapproves you.

This^

I'm in business and I put the money upfront for the product. This msp disaster is out of their control. Atlantic is always willing to take a deposit, you just have to let them know your intentions. I generally put 50% down and pay the balance on delivery. Ever order a gun online? Do they ship to your ffl without payment in full?

NB1214

Jan 19, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    Sure, I understand that, but I still should have been informed about the delay before he spent half an hour going over everything with me and taking my money. If I'd known I was going to have to wait so long, I might have reconsidered the purchase. I probably wouldn't have, but I should have been given the option.

Did you not know about the delay? Have you not followed the current climate of the industry?

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013

No . They could have mentioned it. Because just like with my purchase, it wasn't until after I paid in full, and did the paperwork , and was basically walking out the door when I was told anything of a delay. But if they mentioned the delay BEFORE they sell it.....maybe they wouldn't sell as much.. Can't have that.
    And unless more of these FFLs start releasing on the 8th day ( as the law states) the MSP has absolutely no motivation to catch up on this backlog. Why would they be making any attempt at getting it done faster (on time)now? They clearly don't give a sh@&.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Did you not know about the delay? Have you not followed the current climate of the industry?

Sounds like he was a first time buy. TBH I knew that there was a wait. But i didn't know it was this long before I bought my 2/5 purchase. The only place it is being publicized is in forums like this

1st

May 6, 2013
    This^

I'm in business and I put the money upfront for the product. This msp disaster is out of their control. Atlantic is always willing to take a deposit, you just have to let them know your intentions. I generally put 50% down and pay the balance on delivery. Ever order a gun online? Do they ship to your ffl without payment in full?

Sent you a PM.

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013

Honestly? At the time Alot of us made the purchase? NO....the mainstream media sure wasn't reporting much on it back then. Regardless . The dealer I went to, and the one he went to, could've at least mentioned it. That's all.

NB1214

Jan 19, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    Fine... but if nothing happens, I'll be asking you about it again on Monday.

You can continue to ask, and ill update when I know things. They are going about the process a little different as their owner is the head of the MLFDA. It may not only relate to their store, but also the direction they will pass on to others. Don't call and beat their door down. You've waited months what another day or two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom