• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I just want to know why it takes a week to do an app day worth of apps. How few people are working reviews if the review stack is smaller?

i dont know how many people are working on apps but when i picked up my 2-16 from my ffl the other day the guy said "its getting worse and i dont see an end to it". i asked how he was judging it was getting worse and he said when you purchased we told you 3 weeks, it took 62 day. we were sending in less apps then we were getting back but now he said they are sending in twice as many as they are getting back and its over 60 days waiting.

1st

May 6, 2013
    Change of topic :) :
    Anyone heard anything more about the possible policy change tomorrow at Atlantic Guns?

RRogers33

Mar 29, 2013
    HOLY SHIT THE MSP JUST CALLED ME BACK.

MSP: "Hello, I called you earlier today about going to review? Your application is good, you just have a common name. We're faxing your application to (FFL) right now."

Me: "That's great! So, you said you're you're faxing it right now?

MSP: "Yes sir, right now."

Me: "Thanks have a good day!"

:party29::beer::clap::bannana::fingerscrossed::D

Bang1964

May 3, 2013
    Ellicott City
    i dont know how many people are working on apps but when i picked up my 2-16 from my ffl the other day the guy said "its getting worse and i dont see an end to it". i asked how he was judging it was getting worse and he said when you purchased we told you 3 weeks, it took 62 day. we were sending in less apps then we were getting back but now he said they are sending in twice as many as they are getting back and its over 60 days waiting.

I believe it, I'm hitting 80 days now and they are slowing down. Buying is increasing with the inventory getting back to normal and prices coming back down.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    HOLY SHIT THE MSP JUST CALLED ME BACK.

MSP: "Hello, I called you earlier today about going to review? Your application is good, you just have a common name. We're faxing your application to (FFL) right now."

Me: "That's great! So, you said you're you're faxing it right now?

MSP: "Yes sir, right now."

Me: "Thanks have a good day!"

:party29::beer::clap::bannana::fingerscrossed::D

App and fax date and date put into review please?

Scarab

RRogers33

Mar 29, 2013
    App and fax date and date put into review please?

Scarab

purchase 3/12
    fax 3/12

I was called today (5/16) and told I was going to review, four hours later I get another call saying I was approved and they were faxing my application to my FFL.

BirchBrook22

Jan 4, 2013
    The MSP called YOU? I've never heard that on here before. Ever.

Scarab

My buddy called about an app he had in last week. Mrs. Brock said he was ND and she would be sending it to the FFL within a couple mins. My buddy went to FFL thinking it would be there when he arrived. Unfortunately it hadn't, so he called back. Mrs. Brock actually got on the phone with the FFL and help my buddy get the gun right then.

I really think MSP is trying, but unfortunately they were set up to fail. They seem underfunded and overworked. Also, you never know what the tone at the top is - are they getting pressure to slow down the apps. Unfortunately, when you deal with the government, you never can tell what is truth and what is a lie.

Roboturd is definitely a troll and I George Foreman guarantee [strongest of the guarantees, even stronger than the Mens Warehouse guarantee], he does not work for MSP. From my experience, friends experience, and family experience, MSP has been nothing but helpful.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Really, they where always nice when I called 5/1,5/2,5/3 three days straight. She asked me why I was calling so much, I explained I ordered a les Baer 1911 back on 8/2012 and its taking me 10 months.She faxed it right after we hung up. I promised I would not call back on my other paperwork.

It looks like 2/27-2/28 further review pile are getting done.

I expect the law suit is not helping.

congrats... I ordered a Les Baer on 11/4/12 and now between Baer's backlog and the MSP I am thinking I won't have it in my hands until 2014.

RRogers33

Mar 29, 2013
    The MSP called YOU? I've never heard that on here before. Ever.

Scarab

Not sure what to tell you! I emailed Ms. Brock, she responded saying my app was approved and being faxed and then today I get these two phone calls for review and then being approved...

I wonder why they called me? Regardless, I'm still waiting for the phone call from my FFL... that's the one I REALLY want!

mtf1981

May 3, 2012
    White Plains, MD
    As someone who interacts with the public on a daily basis, I make it a point to bring up all the good things that the government has done for them. This usually opens the door to me thanking them for voting for the OBAMANATOR, Marty and Stenny.

When I'm done I often am told I should run for office. I follow that up with the fact I live in Maryland.

mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    even more frustrating than waiting for the "not disapproved" to be completed is waiting for MSP to fax it back to the FFL. Knowing your stuff is still being held hostage because someone is having trouble operating 1980s technology is infuriating.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    As someone who interacts with the public on a daily basis, I make it a point to bring up all the good things that the government has done for them. This usually opens the door to me thanking them for voting for the OBAMANATOR, Marty and Stenny.

When I'm done I often am told I should run for office. I follow that up with the fact I live in Maryland.

So you lie for a living??? :D

Scarab

mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    These last few weeks are brutal. I'm a 3/14 purchase date talked to my FFL today - latest they're seeing back is 3/9

3/14s are done. You are either waiting to be faxed back to FFL (like me), or thrown into further review. Don't waste your time asking FFL what dates they are getting back. They are nothing more than a middle man and have no more insight into the process than you or I. Call MSP and ask them the status. 410-653-4500 option 1, 1 (it has changed).

Daffydek

Apr 24, 2013
    410-653-4500 option 8 is a recording of what dates they are actually processing including ones in review.

Morpheus

Apr 18, 2013
    410-653-4500 option 8 is a recording of what dates they are actually processing including ones in review.

410 653 4334
    This is Mrs. Brock's direct office line. She is actually very nice considering the number of Calls she must get per day. Just please be polite people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom