• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    wait a minute - I can assign power of attorney to buy a $750,000 house and I can't do it for a $800 gun - get serious

The difference being criminals of all sorts are permitted to own homes, but not guns. There is some logic to it.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Maryland Public Safety Code 5-123

(b) A licensee shall complete the sale, rental, or transfer of a regulated firearm within 90 days after the firearm application was stamped by the Secretary as not being disapproved.

(c) (1) If the sale, rental, or transfer of a regulated firearm is not completed within 90 days after the firearm application was stamped by the Secretary as not being disapproved, a licensee shall return the firearm application to the Secretary within 7 days.

jcass

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 21, 2012
    gambrills , maryland
    2-25 got an email from FFL this morning I can pick it up. 5-13 but ill grab it Wednesday while I'm working in that neck of the woods. Now I'm back on the hunt.

Trek4Ward

Hooligan #10
    Mar 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Got an email from MSP this morning and verified with my FFL (Accurate Pawn & Tackle) that hew receded the fax.

Purchased: 23 Feb
    Faxed: 28 Feb
    Received ND: 13 May? Last week?
    Pick-up: 14 May?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

28 Feb? Were you in review? Could they finally be finishing up with February??

Trek4Ward

Hooligan #10
    Mar 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    So a few weeks back the question was asked on this forum whether there were any confirmed instances of a wait in excess of 70 days. We now all know the answer to that question. Lately it seems more people are making the list of applications sent across the hall to the "further delayed" pile. I believe if it hasn't happened already, those with early March dates will reach the new high water mark of 80+ days. I'm sure if we looked at statistics of applications submitted during the early March period we'd see a decline as dealer shelves were mostly empty around this period. So why is MSP getting further and further behind? Perhaps they watched the news, saw how the airline industry strong-armed the government into providing more funding to prevent further cuts and thought they'd see what they could do about bringing back some much needed overtime pay for the troopers!!

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    :( I really hope i am not in review. Also do we know if there are any confirmed reports of multiple purchases with in a 14-30 day period being approved together?

I asked a few weeks ago if they would delay the 3 pending purchase I have to do all three at the same time (purchase dates 3/16, 3/23 and 3/28). I was told that MSP had no way to process multiple purchases from the same buyer at the same time.

I asked a few weeks ago if they would delay the 3 pending purchase I have to do all three at the same time (purchase dates 3/16, 3/23 and 3/28). I was told that MSP had no way to process multiple purchases from the same buyer at the same time.

In all honesty, it really wouldn't be 'fair' for us waiting for ours. If they were to take multiple purchases from the same person, it would put me further behind. I am waiting for my 1st purchase on 3/19. However, I don't believe for a minute they don't have a way to do it.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    In all honesty, it really wouldn't be 'fair' for us waiting for ours. If they were to take multiple purchases from the same person, it would put me further behind. I am waiting for my 1st purchase on 3/19. However, I don't believe for a minute they don't have a way to do it.

I guess I see what you mean. But I also think it would speed things up. If I could call MSP and say I have 2 apps in and they could find the other one by date and ND them both then that one less investigation they have to run. I think their motivation is then technically they didn't do the work for the second one except the NICS number, So then they might think people would want there background check fee back. Its all about the Benjamins.

Forthefunofit

Mar 25, 2013
    Ridgely, MD
    In REVIEW>>>

Well day 67 and I am in REVIEW (evil laugh). I already own two handguns and am a designated collector, how do I end up in review? I really do not understand this. Guess I will be in the 80+ day club. :sad20:

I guess I see what you mean. But I also think it would speed things up. If I could call MSP and say I have 2 apps in and they could find the other one by date and ND them both then that one less investigation they have to run. I think their motivation is then technically they didn't do the work for the second one except the NICS number, So then they might think people would want there background check fee back. Its all about the Benjamins.

Oh, I totally agree! Please don't get me wrong, I am all for multiples! Believe me, if I could afford it, I would be doing it my self! And I would also want to have them done in 1 shot. (No pun intended) :lol:

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit

It's just one check. When that comes through, the results are applied to all the applications from that person. It doesn't move that person in front of anyone, it just clears him or her out of the queue, and speeds it up for everyone behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom