• ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    The following quote comes from the ATF FAQ regarding the Brady law:

From Here:http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/brad...mply-brady-law

Quote:
    Q: If a State is acting as a NICS point of contact (POC) and State law has requirements regarding the amount of time that a licensee must wait before transferring a firearm after contacting the State, should the licensee comply with the State requirements, the Federal requirements, or both?

The licensee must comply with both State and Federal requirements.

Example: State D is acting as a POC for NICS checks. State law requires a background check prior to the transfer of any firearm. State law also requires the licensee to wait 10 days to get a response from the State. The licensee must contact the State POC for a NICS check and a State background check. The licensee must comply with both Federal and State law by waiting 10 days for a response prior to transferring the firearm. If the licensee has not received a response from the State after 10 days, he or she may transfer the firearm.

This is from Question #57 and pretty plainly explains the situation. Hoping this is going to make a difference once the FFL's see it in black and white, very clearly, that they can release!

Foxhound_61088

JHP 230gr
    Mar 24, 2013
    Wicomico County
    Off topic alert!!! I just picked up Glenn Beck's new book to help keep my mind off this overdue waitting ! It's title " Control :exposing the truth about guns: " I'v only read 57 pages sofar but im confident to say Hes really hit it out the park with this one. : ) ok, no more off thread topic for me! Lets keep them dates posted folks! Lol

Apr 5, 2012
    filled out my paperwork on 3/4 probably wasn't faxed until 3/5 and I just got the call a few minutes ago 5/1. too bad they are about to close. what's one more day. 59 days I think.

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    Off topic alert!!! I just picked up Glenn Beck's new book to help keep my mind off this overdue waitting ! It's title " Control :exposing the truth about guns: " I'v only read 57 pages sofar but im confident to say Hes really hit it out the park with this one. : ) ok, no more off thread topic for me! Lets keep them dates posted folks! Lol

Going to pick it up tomorrow! proud to say I watch the blaze every day when I get home from work, and I'm a mindless twenty something.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Welp, here goes round 2...

Day 0 on my new Ruger 22/45 Lite, forgot the camera so I hope I recognize it when I get to pick it up in August.

3903.jpg

RollinCoal

May 1, 2013
    Moco md
    Newbie here been reading for a few weeks now . Thought it was time to chirp in, and say hello . Waiting on my call for my 3/7- for a glock 23.

Gordnfreman

Feb 13, 2013
    Westminster
    The following quote comes from the ATF FAQ regarding the Brady law:

This is from Question #57 and pretty plainly explains the situation. Hoping this is going to make a difference once the FFL's see it in black and white, very clearly, that they can release!
    Mx, how many times in how many different threads are we going to have to say this?

I am at a point in time where I feel we are just beating our heads against the wall :banghead:

VikingFan65

Apr 19, 2013
    Howard County
    Pop Quiz. Which firearm was bought on 2 March, notified on 30 April and picked up 1 May? and which firearm was bought on 1 May and picked up on 1 May?

I'll give you three guesses and the last two don't count. :innocent0

Attachments

• Tavor and Sig.jpg
      Tavor and Sig.jpg
      42.3 KB · Views: 283

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I just picked up my Stag model 2 on Saturday after a 58 day waiting period. I added a rail and fore grip as soon as I got it home. On Monday I added an Aimpoint PRO. Anyway, here it is. View attachment 98281

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      47.7 KB · Views: 257

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    60 - 75 days

Yes, they want to know who is calling them 3 times a :lol2:day.

I know i need to wait to call since the dates coming back at this point are about 10 days behind where my submit date is... but I do so want to call. It will be interesting though. I have one submitted 3/13 and one 3/28. I wonder how much time will elapse between getting the 3/13 and the 3/28.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom