• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • anderson76

Feb 16, 2013
    Called today about my 2/27 purchase. I did not speak with Mrs. Brook but spoke with a trooper who stated that the trooper review pile was up to 2/21. She would not provide me with info specific to my app.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    I wonder why my 3/4 got sent for further review. I had a speed camera ticket a couple months back, and I just went through background checks for Utah and Arizona CCW.

Now in my mind that is no reason for a sworn to have to review the app. I have never been put into review before.

I don't want to call MSP liars, cough cough, but I question the accuracy of what I was told.

It is possible that they have people reviewing the cases. If nothing is listed they release if something is listed they aren't allowed to say if it is nothing or something so they drop it into the review pill. So a speed camera ticket wont stop you from passing the check but might put you in the review pill because there is something listed. I have no clue if that is true or not just tossing out a possible reason.

Thanks
    Robert

It is possible that they have people reviewing the cases. If nothing is listed they release if something is listed they aren't allowed to say if it is nothing or something so they drop it into the review pill. So a speed camera ticket wont stop you from passing the check but might put you in the review pill because there is something listed. I have no clue if that is true or not just tossing out a possible reason.

Thanks
    Robert

Sounds logical, but when was the last time MSP acted logical?

DkKnight

Dec 9, 2010
    MD
    After talking to my FFL - no paperwork back on my 2/28 purchase.
    I called to MSP and was told that my 2/28 was Not Disapproved on 4/19 and that it had been faxed back and she would try to find it and fax it again - nice lady to look it up and help me, hope to pick it up soon - we shall see.
    Anybody else had to deal with lost paperwork?

DK

Wilkenms

Jan 30, 2013
    I just spoke with my FFL less than 5 minutes ago, and he said the most recent application he has gotten back ND from MSP is 20 FEBRUARY!!!! That does not make me happy when there are people getting stuff back from March already. I didn't submit till 4/5 so I know i have LONG wait anyway, but seems it will be even longer now.

FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    I just spoke with my FFL less than 5 minutes ago, and he said the most recent application he has gotten back ND from MSP is 20 FEBRUARY!!!! That does not make me happy when there are people getting stuff back from March already. I didn't submit till 4/5 so I know i have LONG wait anyway, but seems it will be even longer now.

Did you buy from the gun center in Frederick too? I just called them and they said the same thing.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013

What dealer?

FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    On a good note I just called MSP and my application was "NOT DISAPPROVED" today!!!!!

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Sounds logical, but when was the last time MSP acted logical?

It makes since to me especially since the MSP is bring people in the help with the load. When I worked for Erols Phone Support there was a time when bone head management resulted in long hold times as in 1 hour or more. Something had to be done fast but it took weeks to train people to do a decent job on the phone so what the did was bring in temps give them a 4 hour training class on how to handle basic things like sending software and other basic customer service things. The became a front line. They would answer the call handle if it was simple if it wasn't one the things they were trained to deal with the would put them into the main queue. It helped some. It took a percentage of the calls out of the support queue and dropped call times by about 15 min. Not enough but it was a stop gap until more people were hired and trained. I could easy see the MSP doing that.

Thanks
    Robert

Twenty4

Not Disapproved
    Mar 4, 2013
    A stone's throw from BWI
    I called earlier, my 2/21 that was in review will be completed today and should be faxed back to my FFL tomorrow. Let's hope she was telling me the truth.

Today was very productive.............

Called my FFL on the way home from work, they got my paperwork back today(69 days total)!!! I will be picking my XDM up tomorrow :lol:
    Then I got home, and I also received my Designated Collector letter. Not a bad humpday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom