• ...and so much more!
  • Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Just got the call

Purchased 3/5
    Submitted 3/5
    Called for pickup 4/30

Not sure when I was ND as I haven't picked it up yet...

Oh and it was through GC. Great guys (and gal) over there

pianodwarf

Apr 24, 2013
    I did a private transfer through the MSP and was told i could transfer on the
    8th day and if there was a problem, that they would go and get it. That was from the Sgt that was standing at the desk

I would think that would be how it worked... presumably, if you mistakenly transfer a gun to a prohibited person, the police would want to retrieve the gun themselves rather than having you go get it, especially if it's someone with a violent felony conviction or something like that.

BirchBrook22

Jan 4, 2013
    Just got the call

Purchased 3/5
    Submitted 3/5
    Called for pickup 4/30

Not sure when I was ND as I haven't picked it up yet...

Oh and it was through GC. Great guys (and gal) over there

Congrats - I purchased on the 3rd... Starting to think I went into review...

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    I did a private transfer through the MSP and was told i could transfer on the
    8th day and if there was a problem, that they would go and get it. That was from the Sgt that was standing at the desk..

of course, then again, I went to another MSP barracks to transfer a handgun to my gf and I was told i couldnt do the transfer unless We had our safety course cards on us. We had never been asked for those, we have always filled in the number, this was the first time we had been asked to produce them. The desk Sgt. there told us that it was standard procedure. Also was adament, and insistant that I tell him what kind ( make and model of firearm) before he would give us paperwork. Never had that happen before either. Usually we walk in and i tell the desk officer that we are there to to a regulated firearm transfer, and thats enough.

When you perform a private transfer at the MSP barracks, the MSP fully checks you and the seller – they perform the background check while you wait, if something was wrong, the person in question would have been detained - perhaps arrested

The Safety Training that you can obtain online is required on all transfers.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    When you perform a private transfer at the MSP barracks, the MSP fully checks you and the seller – they perform the background check while you wait, if something was wrong, the person in question would have been detained - perhaps arrested

The Safety Training that you can obtain online is required on all transfers.

I get that we need to have the safety training, that was the first time, we have been asked to produce it to an officer. I've done 6 transfers through the MSP in the last 2 years, never been asked for it, only asked if we had our numbers

ifindppl

Sep 13, 2012
    Montgomery County
    I purchased on 2/28. Spoke to Ms. Brock last week and told I was in review. Called this afternoon and told it is probably my name and should be another week. An hour later I get the call that my Glock is ready for pick-up. Go figure. It will have to wait until tomorrow. Finally.

Jubbs26

Mar 14, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I purchased on 3/2. ND'd late last week and my FFL still doesn't have it yet.the problem is Continental wont call their customers - we have to call them and keep checking. Ugh....

Hokie

Nov 20, 2012
    I purchased on 3/2. ND'd late last week and my FFL still doesn't have it yet.the problem is Continental wont call their customers - we have to call them and keep checking. Ugh....

Thanks for the heads up....guess I should give them a call.

Watchmyshoes

Nov 8, 2012
    Soooo... Guess its almost time to break down and call the state police. Called my ffl and all along I thought I submitted the paperwork 2/23 but was told it was 2/20 and they still dont have it back (Oh and by the way tomorrow will make 70 days)... I'm really starting to feel sorry for my March and April purchases.

K3LAG

I talked to Ms. Brock about 2 hours ago. Mine was complete, ND, and in the pile to be faxed. Now I'm waiting for the phone to ring. Purchased on 3/2. Not sure if paperwork was submitted that day or on Monday 3/4.

I'm waiting on two more. One from 3/27 and one from 4/17. I will also be doing another set of paperwork this week.

Larry

Last edited:

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I get that we need to have the safety training, that was the first time, we have been asked to produce it to an officer. I've done 6 transfers through the MSP in the last 2 years, never been asked for it, only asked if we had our numbers

Have transferred two Glocks through the GB MSP Barracks and HAVE never been asked for the safety training card and or numbers.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Call 410-653-4500, then option 4, then 1.

If you give your SS# (if you put it on the app) they should be able to tell you if you're in review. Maybe they can tell you without the SS#.

Another reason I may wait a couple of days is that my FFL was, as of last week when msp was on 3/1, was only receiving faxes from 2/25. There seems to be a bit of a lag time.

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013

Yeah...I KNOW...well I know that A&D in Glen Burnie also will not call when the ND comes back. They say they have "so many names back there" WTF Kind of business practice is that? How hard is it to just leave 1 message to the buyer when his gunis ready to be picked up....so I gotta keep calling over and over day after day... Total B.S. other than that, those guys are decent at A&D ...But that really bothers me.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I certainly stand corrected on MSP not getting back the gun if there's a transfer after 7 days without the ND.

Will they also retrieve the gun if a dealer releases after 7 days with no ND?

I guess I presumed it was the responsibility of the seller/FFL due to the reluctance of dealers to release with the ND, but I guess the seller/FFL would be responsable for damages if someone goes postal, even though they won't have the responsibility to collect the gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom