• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    I don't know if there is a dedicated thread on this topic, but I wonder how many have purchased a non regulated long gun instead of a handgun out of lack of patience to wait.

I've purchased 5 rifles since Christmas. One is a Ruger 10/22. My son and I tossed on an Archangel stock so he could reach the trigger and got him a red dot, and now he's hooked!

Last edited:

Jubbs26

Mar 14, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Purchased on 3/2 from Continental Arms. Should I even bother to call them to ask if I'm "Not Disapproved"? They told me at time of purchase it would be 4-5 weeks, well today is 4 weeks exactly.

Sirsly

Apr 11, 2011
    Charles County
    Purchased on 3/2 from Continental Arms. Should I even bother to call them to ask if I'm "Not Disapproved"? They told me at time of purchase it would be 4-5 weeks, well today is 4 weeks exactly.

Dont bother, you have at least 2 more weeks to go. You need at least 45 days under your belt to even start thinking about calling anybody. Maybe more. :sad20:

mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011

You've got a long wait still. MSP is still processing 2/13 - 2/15. I would keep following threads like this one and wait until you see others reporting that they are getting apps back from that timeframe.

Hatter

NEWB - Slack Appreciated!
    Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    We have 2 purchases outstanding (my wife on 2/20 and mine on 02/23). I called my FFL to confirm the date of paperwork faxed in, but really do not expect to hear anything back on my wifes purchase until late this week at the earliest, and likely 2 more weeks on mine.

It is worth confirming the date the paperwork was faxed in. It seems to be the most accurate indicator of when paperwork might be returned to the FFL dealer.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32

(2) weeks ago the average was 45 days, now it's pushing 50 plus..

Try to be patient, and target any anger/energy towards the anti-2A liberal communist Democrats. Become DINO and vote these idiots out of office.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Its faster to move to Virginia, buy your guns, and move back!!!

What a joke Maryland is.

I may actually do this. I have property there and could easily have my bank statements sent to that address. Makes taxes a bit more difficult, and it's generally a big hassle, but hell, I'll just be a resident for 5 months of each year. Problem solved.

Jubbs26

Mar 14, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I can't believe that if you're a resident in PA or VA you could walk in and walk out with your handgun on the same day, but NO not in MD! What a joke. Why does this "on the 7th day they can receive the gun" rule exist if no one enforces it?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I may actually do this. I have property there and could easily have my bank statements sent to that address. Makes taxes a bit more difficult, and it's generally a big hassle, but hell, I'll just be a resident for 5 months of each year. Problem solved.

You'll need a VA license which will mean you most likely will have to surrender your MD license. That's the way SC operates anyway. Bank statements won't do you any good. Unless of course they have a state ID picture on them.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    once SB281 is done, we need to start organizing protests on the wait times! This is ridiculous!!!!!

Rally with a sign saying "I have waited X days for approval", or something like that

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom