• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I need some clarification. The 30 day wait in between.... Does that start from date of purchase or date of pick up or some other date. Thanks in advance

Pick up. I believe the wording on the form says 'transfer' in the preceding 30 days. If you haven't taken delivery, it hasn't been transferred. But I don't really know anything, and didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Gun bills cause huge spike in permit applications
    Md. State Police report doubling and tripling of numbers over last year

Wait. Three times as many requests take six time as long (42 days vs. 7) to process? Seems legit... :face palm:

raff696

Nov 1, 2008
    Any one other then me Did any transfers thru White marsh arms? I did the paperwork back on 3/5... I know I can expect at least 3-4 weeks more of waiting! Man this sucks! You would figure by now it wold get faster, but it seems to get slower!

VGraves

Mar 2, 2013
    I don't know if anyone else is waiting on Bass Pro Anne Arundel but I just spoke with them and they received one today dated 2/9.

Lushbaugh

Mar 23, 2013
    Question about buying

Hello all not sure if this is the right spot or not but I have a question? I purchased a handgun back on March 8th and asked the owner of the shop some questions prior to the purchase. I'm a vet and served 8 years and was honorable discharged but prior to joining the military I was arrested (1992) for Assault wrong place wrong time as they arrested the wrong guy. I did go to court and the prosecutor dropped the charges and the case was dismissed I was 17 at the time this did not stop me from joining the military or get the current job I have that requires a background check as well and I also had a secret security clearance while in the service. I also was arrested in 2000 for disturbing the peace at Virginia beach for getting into a shouting match with someone on a public street. I was arrested and went to court and paid a $50 fine. When I go to the Virginia Beach district court web site I can't find a record of this. I have searched under case #, name, date, everything and nothing. I paid for a background check on myself and the only thing that shows is the arrest at Virginia Beach. I explained this to the owner of the gun shop and showed him my papers from the court and was advise that I should be ok since noting was for a violent crime or held more than a year in jail. So my questions is did I just wasted my money and time, I have paid for my handgun in full at the time I completed the paper work. Will this cause my paperwork to come back as a do not distribute or am I stressing over nothing.

Thanks
    Lushbaugh

usaf_joe

newb..
    Jul 21, 2012
    AA County
    ... So my questions is did I just wasted my money and time, I have paid for my handgun in full at the time I completed the paper work. Will this cause my paperwork to come back as a do not distribute or am I stressing over nothing.

Thanks
    Lushbaugh

Stressing over nothing. IANAL, but from the sounds of it the disturbing the peace charges were dropped once you paid the fine.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Will this cause my paperwork to come back as a do not distribute or am I stressing over nothing.

Thanks
    Lushbaugh

Probably stressing over nothing. If this transfer goes through ok, in the future, do not give the FFL any paper or say anything that might give them reason to back off. Check here. Or just don't worry about it. Be very literal on the paperwork you fill out. Do not imagine words that aren't there, and do not drop out words that are there.

All that said, it looks like the only thing that would show up is your disorderly conduct cite which probably doesn't carry enough of a potential punishment to be an issue.

Actually, I called the MSP on this very issue and the nice woman at the lic. division said not to worry about it. She said they understood how backed up things were and they knew people were waiting longer than 30 days.

This is something that I bet people would love to see in writing. Or at least have a name to attach to it.

geosci

Mar 7, 2013
    Happy B-day to me!

Got the call for my 40th b-day present to myself today! Bought on 2/11, got the call from Horst & McCann in Harford County at 7 this evening. Longest 7 days of my life. LOVE this state!

Mar 19, 2011
    Cash and carry

48 days waiting on a m&p22 from GC from 2/2 will call on monday see if they are getting back anything from that date...

That is a cash an carry gun. Some FFl's choose to cover their ass by transferring as regulated but its cash and carry. I picked one up from Continental Arms cash and carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom