• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I purchased a handgun 10 days ago and it is home with me now.
    Perhaps the pre 1 OCT purchases are in a different queue than the ones that are presently on greased skids via the HQL.
    DocAitch

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Sweet... Waiting on a return from a mid Sept purchase still... Yet, I purchased another pistol last week and was told to pick it up in 8 days..... Guess it's the FFL's decision in the end regardless of MSP....( two different FFL's) Meaning, one actually takes the time to call MSP and the other doesn't....

They don't even need to call the MSP. They are allowed to release after 7 days if MSP hasn't gotten back to them with a denial. If you wait more than 8 days you're using the wrong FFL.

QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    They don't even need to call the MSP. They are allowed to release after 7 days if MSP hasn't gotten back to them with a denial. If you wait more than 8 days you're using the wrong FFL.

Yeah..... He won't release the lower, and it's been 3 months so far. He says it's not worth it... Meaning, he wants a definite answer from MSP..... His FFL, not mine. So I'm not gonna sweat it. But like I mentioned before, I've purchased a handgun since then, and received it in 8 days from another FFL... So, it is what it is I guess.... Just gonna have to wait it out unfortunately.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    A little search on this forum would tell you which FFLs to avoid. This is not a new problem. If it makes sense to you that he released a handgun in 8 days but is holding a lower awaiting MSP approval, your logic needs a tuneup. Both are treated the same.

QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    A little search on this forum would tell you which FFLs to avoid. This is not a new problem. If it makes sense to you that he released a handgun in 8 days but is holding a lower awaiting MSP approval, your logic needs a tuneup. Both are treated the same.

Two different FFL's... I wrote that earlier in two different posts not to confuse anyone. So I'll wait a little longer to tune up my logic....:thumbsup:

QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    The logic remains the same. You excused the policy of the FFL who is still holding your lower. There is no excuse for what he is doing. That would be my last purchase from him.

Not really "excusing" him, but I can't do anything. I've explained numerous times to him that every shop I have called, INCLUDING the OTHER FFL that I purchased a handgun from a month ago, released in 8 days....

Again, his FFL... And I respect that.

Last edited:

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I purchased a handgun 10 days ago and it is home with me now.
    Perhaps the pre 1 OCT purchases are in a different queue than the ones that are presently on greased skids via the HQL.
    DocAitch

This is what I have been told. Pre October 1 are being handled when they get to them. Post October 1 are being handled as they come in.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    This FFL is one of them that can't understand plain English. The MSP published their stand on releasing after 7 days in which they stated that it was completely within the law. They had no choice after being sued by MSI, but there were several knuckle draggers who apparently can't read. Since there's no hurry to get that lower, I wouldn't say anything else until its in you hand. Then give him a little "adios motherfocker, you'll never see another dime from me".

QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    For pre-Oct 1 purchases, I am just getting paperwork back for Aug 20. I received all of my customers paperwork within 7 days for post-Oct 1 purchases.

If that is the case, as far as timeline goes... I suspect my return won't be cleared until the end of next month. So about a four month wait, 5 to be safe I guess.. :sad20:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I think they believe that per October purchases are already in the buyers hands and are concentrating on weeding out criminals in their post ,October arms. After all, before SB281, criminals didn't have to go through a background check.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I finally received my "not-dissaproved" on 1/8 for a lower that was submitted back on 9/21. So it took almost 16 weeks.

A picture of your avatar might have speeded the process.

Regrettably, I should have sent in a pic of your avatar too as I'm still waiting for September paperwork.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Spoke with my FFL yesterday.

He still has apps from July that have not come back.
    New one he sends in are turning around in two days.

mcornish86@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Got this email from msp just now

Good Afternoon,

* We have two locations processing applications. The first location is working on 9/06/2013 and the second location is working on 9/19/2013 - 9/20/2013. Keep in mind that in September we were receiving anywhere from 2500 - 3000 applications per day. With that being said it could take at least a week to process one day of work. Thank You

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390499775319.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1390499775319.jpg
      54.1 KB · Views: 526

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads